best coyote ammo choice for tikka 22-250

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxthe factory loads im finding skip from 50g right to 55g. Who makes 52 factory loads?

I did a search for you. Sadly no one produces that round as a factory chambering and I don't know why.

If you lived close I could supply you with some to try but you're clear across the country.

Ya, Ive been searching too. Are there any places to get custom ammo loaded? For the limited amount I will be shootin I think I would be better off getting seone to load 20 or 30 rounds for me.

It's been a long time ago but I purchased 500 in a tin from Cabelas in the 52gr. They must not have them anymore. If I remember right heck its been 10 or 15 years now. Sorry I missed informed you I just figured they still had them but how fast time fly's

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxYa, Ive been searching too. Are there any places to get custom ammo loaded? For the limited amount I will be shootin I think I would be better off getting seone to load 20 or 30 rounds for me.

I know a guy who can help you out......

Edit: After hitting submit, I realized I just wasted 10 mins replying to a thread from 2014. Why do guys resurrect old threads and reply as if the OP is still seeking advice??

Of course every rifle is different, but I had a T3 22-250 for a short while. IIRC it shot factory Horn 55 vmax well. Assuming you're just looking to hunt predators/varmint with it and like poly tipped bullets, I'd suggest picking up a box of Hornady 55 vmax, Federal premium 55 Nosler BT, and maybe Hornady 50 vmax also. My t3 223 likes Black Hills, so you might try a box of BH 50 vmax, but it's pricier.

My current 22-250 shoots the factory 55 vmax very well, so I'm pretty confident it's good shooting ammo if your rifle happens to like it. I'm talking about the Hornady "custom", in the brown box.

It would cost you $100, but I would be surprised if your Tikka didn't shoot at least of those well enough for predator hunting. Chasing accuracy costs you one way or another.

I'd just buy mine here if I was looking to try a few different types

http://www.midwayusa.com/22-250-remington/br?cid=21917

Last edited:
Back