What's happening here?...

Originally Posted By: bushyMoving the extractor freely with your finger. How freely? Is there resistance or can you feel slop?

There is some resistance, no slop at all.

But now it is ejecting brass like it should and the only thing I did change was magazines. Even cheap Thermold 20 round magazines work with no modifications to the magazine.

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorAre you using an adjustable gas block? Im just taking a WAG here, but could the burn spots be due to the bolt unlocking too early?

No I am not and could be. I tried a different powder today and it had the same burn marks, even after a good cleaning.

Did have the issue of it kicking out cases and even had a couple cases left in the chamber and had to close the bolt again then it grabbed the spent case and kicked it out. So just changing powders can do this type of thing? And its the powder that the manufacturer recommends.

it could be dragging on the lugs and that's why its 2 spots. what i would try is mark a few cases, just a sharpie on one side and load a few so that the sharpie line is always the same direction, IE towards the ejection port, single load and fire, repeat 4-5 times. seee if the burn marks are always in the same spot.

For example round loaded with line at the 3 o clock position and the burn marks are always at the 6 oclock position. Now you know its something in that area and can look around that area to find the issue.

I have this happen on every ar i own, off and on... I was told its the follower on the mag being slightly to tall and hits on the case and dislodges it from the extrator causing it to not line up with the ejection port.... I was told that as the mag has more rounds put through it, the problem will diminish. I only have this problem with pmags (gen1, 2, and 3) my lancer mags have never done this.

The spot on your brass is interesting. Are the loads crimped? I never could get the wolf to be reliable so i ditched it for the socom. I get more subtle black spots on the necks on the rounds i dont crimp.

Standard GI magazines work fine for the 50 Wolf at worst you may need to file a moon shape in the front of the mag which will allow the brass to clear the front of the magazine as the bullet moves up the feed ramp (very simple just takes a few minutes) you can also install a small o ring on the ejector spring which often helps with ejection. Great gun, I often wish I would have kept mine.

So did you ever figure this out? I had same issue and changed out the donut on extractor, and went to a lancer 20 round mag and it seems to have fixed it. Although I didn't put more than a box or 2 through the rifle. But it did stop happening. I'm not talking about the burn marks, I'm referring to the feeding issue.

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorAre you using an adjustable gas block? Im just taking a WAG here, but could the burn spots be due to the bolt unlocking too early?

No I am not and could be. I tried a different powder today and it had the same burn marks, even after a good cleaning.

Did have the issue of it kicking out cases and even had a couple cases left in the chamber and had to close the bolt again then it grabbed the spent case and kicked it out. So just changing powders can do this type of thing? And its the powder that the manufacturer recommends.

Those type of burn marks are fairly common on a low pressure cartridge such as the 50 Beowulf. Nothing to worry about.

Back