Some cool polls for you guys - see what everybody likes and hates

I wanna thank all of you guys that responded to this poll...

It truly has been an enlightenment.
CatFacePM100bits_zpsff375dd3.jpg

I started reloading several years ago with a Lee single stage press and Lee dies and as yet have had zero problems with any of their equipment. The Lee powder thrower works great and will be hard to beat for the money. I bought a set of Lee dies that didn't have the shell holder, gave a call and had it in two days. Great CS. I bought a 3 die set of Forster dies for a 6BR and have had nothing but trouble from them. Sent them back along with a check for $30 something bucks, returned in same condition so their CS IMO sucks big time. Other folks sing their praises. I learned long ago that you don't always have to spend the big bucks to get serviceable equipment. If and when my press goes south I'll possibly go with an RCBS but so far I'm fine with my Lee stuff. I use the RCBS 1010 scale and love it. Due to my experience with Forster they will never see another penny of my money.

Originally Posted By: TnslimI started reloading several years ago with a Lee single stage press and Lee dies and as yet have had zero problems with any of their equipment. The Lee powder thrower works great and will be hard to beat for the money. I bought a set of Lee dies that didn't have the shell holder, gave a call and had it in two days. Great CS. I bought a 3 die set of Forster dies for a 6BR and have had nothing but trouble from them. Sent them back along with a check for $30 something bucks, returned in same condition so their CS IMO sucks big time. Other folks sing their praises. I learned long ago that you don't always have to spend the big bucks to get serviceable equipment. If and when my press goes south I'll possibly go with an RCBS but so far I'm fine with my Lee stuff. I use the RCBS 1010 scale and love it. Due to my experience with Forster they will never see another penny of my money.

Even a blind man can find an acorn once in a while...

Anytime you want to come down to east Tennessee to see how this blind man shoots you'll be made welcome as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head. We can use acorns at 100 yds for targets and if you're a gambling man bring a pocketfull of cash as well. Surely you can outshoot my Lee made crap.

Originally Posted By: TnslimAnytime you want to come down to east Tennessee to see how this blind man shoots you'll be made welcome as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head. We can use acorns at 100 yds for targets and if you're a gambling man bring a pocketfull of cash as well. Surely you can outshoot my Lee made crap.

Tennessee .... Patron State of shooting stuff.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: TnslimAnytime you want to come down to east Tennessee to see how this blind man shoots you'll be made welcome as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head. We can use acorns at 100 yds for targets and if you're a gambling man bring a pocketfull of cash as well. Surely you can outshoot my Lee made crap.

Acorns at 100 is fine... but 200 might be better.

222MagBRriffle_zps3831fccb.jpg

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: TnslimAnytime you want to come down to east Tennessee to see how this blind man shoots you'll be made welcome as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head. We can use acorns at 100 yds for targets and if you're a gambling man bring a pocketfull of cash as well. Surely you can outshoot my Lee made crap.

I was just trying to make it easy for you. As for that group you showed I guess it's safe to assume you were riding a horse bareback at full gallop hanging off the side shooting under it's neck. If so then I guess that's good shooting.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: TnslimAnytime you want to come down to east Tennessee to see how this blind man shoots you'll be made welcome as long as you keep a civil tongue in your head. We can use acorns at 100 yds for targets and if you're a gambling man bring a pocketfull of cash as well. Surely you can outshoot my Lee made crap.

SHOWOFF!!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: TnslimI started reloading several years ago with a Lee single stage press and Lee dies and as yet have had zero problems with any of their equipment. The Lee powder thrower works great and will be hard to beat for the money. I bought a set of Lee dies that didn't have the shell holder, gave a call and had it in two days. Great CS. I bought a 3 die set of Forster dies for a 6BR and have had nothing but trouble from them. Sent them back along with a check for $30 something bucks, returned in same condition so their CS IMO sucks big time. Other folks sing their praises. I learned long ago that you don't always have to spend the big bucks to get serviceable equipment. If and when my press goes south I'll possibly go with an RCBS but so far I'm fine with my Lee stuff. I use the RCBS 1010 scale and love it. Due to my experience with Forster they will never see another penny of my money.

With you on the Lee equipment. I was into reloading many years ago. Started with an RCBS Jr. And moved up to a Rockchucker. About 5 years ago I flirted with reloading again and started with a low end Lee kit. At first glance, the expanse of plastic made it seem too cheap. After using it for a while and picking up some newer/"better" bits and pieces I developed a new impression of Lee's equipment.

I now use Forster, Redding, Hornady, and RCBS bottleneck dies, but most of my handgun dies are still Lee. The Lee scale is as accurate as my 1010. The powder measure is more consistent than my Uniflow, and the classic (iron) press is as strong and precise as I remember my old Rockchucker being. The on press priming system works better than any of my RCBS equipment did. A lot of it is still plastic and what is still feels ( and costs) too cheap to be any good. That said, for me it just flat works. Others can flame away, but that's what matters.
tt2.gif
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:

BTW, the offer still stands.

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesvenatic,

Why not just lock this one. I agree, it is time to give it a rest.

Locking the thread shouldn't have to be necessary. There's good info here and some discussion about it could still be beneficial, especially to new members. If it was important enough to be pinned that hasn't changed. Why punish the rest of the membership because of useless crap being spewed by some? Delete the useless posts (including this discussion) and leave the data open for future reference and CIVIL and CREATIVE discussions.

Last edited:
I actually considered that but instead I sent a pm hoping to de-escalate the situation.

I may delete some of the clutter later but I too want to save this thread for posterity if possible for CS.

Well now that you've opened "Pandora's Box", I've decided to get back into reloading again since 1966...220 Swift..how bought a couple of "systems" from you guys for a "beginner".. I like your info. on reloading companies...how about hitting me with the top three you would recommend like Rockchucker etc. from RCBS..I want to buy the "whole ballpark" in one shot..let's assume best buy for the buck...thanks again gentelmen!!
Semper Paratus

Back