NYS Coyote Hunters

I certainly have had less chances to get out this year than ever, but finally made it out last Friday for 3 hours. Had some activity but no kills - just enough to keep me warm. It was 6 degrees and about 6 inches of snow cover where I was. Given the lack of posts here it sounds like a tough year with no snow.

Was out tonight. Found fresh fox tracks downwind of my stand on my way back to the truck. Wind is out of the ordinary here lately. Gotta set up a little differently next time.

Went out last night at 11:30 - had to give it a try as it is much easier to hunt in this warm weather and light snow cover than trudging through 2 feet of snow. Breezy and 40 when I left, drove up to my spots in "the hills" and it was pushing 15-20 mph wind with many gusts probably over 35. Sound doesn't travel far in those conditions, especially with every branch and brush clashing together. Tried hunting the more out of the wind, secluded spots but after 2 hours of nothing I packed it up. Did see lots of meteorites and three hungry raccoons roaming the roadside ditch and a field mouse crossing the road on the drive home. Don't know if you don't go, but probably should have passed on last night. Anyone else give it a go this weekend?

I havnt been out in a couple of months...no time and goin through some big withdrawals.shootin for next weekend hopefully any major snow and fridgid temps will stay away.

Can't pass up a few hours tonight - it's 45 and light breeze, with no snow left on the ground and half moon. Good luck if you make it out tonight.

i saw 2 yotes when i was leavin work just sunning themselves. Figured it be a good evening of hunting for opening day...... no dice haha good luck to all!

I plan to get out tomorrow evening (Tuesday). A friend who won't be hunting this week offered to let me borrow his Alpha Dogg caller for the week, so I'm looking forward to decreasing the surplus coyote population.
thumbup.gif

Just a reminder to all that the October 1 archery opener means that deer season is now open and the rules about centerfire rifles applies two weeks earlier. (Basically, if rifles are not allowed for deer hunting in that area, you cannot hunt with centerfire rifles for furbearers in that area during any open season for deer.)

For the few of you in Tompkins County this also means that you will have to keep the rifles on the rack through January if you are in the Deer Managemet Focus Area.

Keep an eye out for ticks and be safe. Good luck this year.

Had a great weekend in Orange County, 4 coyotes in 6 sets. This year might be a bumper year. I have never seen this much sign of fox bobcat and coyotes in the Hudson valley.. Lots of mange going around also, don't be surprised if a smeagle shows up.

Nice going swamp.!!wheres the pics u always have some good ones.
I bowhunt not to far from goshen and during the bow season have never seen so many fox along with u guessed it bunnys.

My son and I started coyote hunting last year with no luck yet, would love to go on a hunt with more experienced coyote hunters from the Albany area. Help me teach a 13 year old the right way.

Anyone care to have us tag along?

With muzzleloader season ending for us next Sunday the 16th I'll be out there chasing after those coyotes soon after. Anybody else had any luck yet?

any one with experience with the FoxPro Wilfire II e-caller? Trying to find out which call to use in the Upstate area. Thanks for any advice you can give.... regards ...

I've called in 6 and got 3 so far this year in st Lawrence county. I just started hunting them last year and absolutely loving it. Anyone else from the north country?

Back