Savage Build 25-45 Sharps

Mattkcc

I've been wanting to do a Savage build for a long time and had planned on building a 250 Savage. However, the ballistics of the 25-45 are very close to the 250 Savage. I already reload 223 so I have plenty of cheap brass. I purchased a used Savage M11 223, lh, with a birch stock off of Gunsamerica. The only place to get a barrel, right now, is Black Forge. I emailed Broadsword and asked how long the barrel would need to be for complete powder burn and they said depending on the powder 18"-20". I thought about a 6x45 but chose the 25 due to the availability of inexpensive cast bullets for plinking at the range and small game. I don't plan hunting anything larger then coyotes but I'm sure it could handle deer just fine. Now I just have to wait on the barrel so I can get started.

I like what this caliber has to offer in the AR platform not sure I need one with having a 223 and a 6x45 and a 6.5 Grendel but I'm sure one will find its way in te safe sooner than later LOL keep us posted would like to hear some real world results

I've been tempted to pick up a barrel in this caliber for my switch barrel savage as well. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how it works out for you.

I actually have two of the Sharps on order. Ritch is building me an AR when the barrel comes in from Black Hole and they are sending the Savage barrel direct to me as even I can do a Savage barrel swap. It will be an interesting chambering in the Savage. I know the 25X6.8 is much better but repeating 6..8 based bolt guns aee rare as hens teeth and none are made by Savage.

Greg

Back