Antelope jerky!!

It will be good no matter what you use.
You can cut frozen meat into strips (easier when its semi frozen) or grind it up into burger meat and use a jerky gun to lay it out.
I have no specific recipe and make it different each time.
All my batches are different as I like to mix them up
I just take all my seasonings and start dumping teaspoons of it in a bowl as Im writing them down and use liquid smoke, teriyaki sauce, Worchester sauce along with my "make it as I go route"
I will mix my burger meat batch up and let it sit a few hours also.
The meat I slice goes into a giant bowl and marinates over night then I put everything in the dehydrator from 9-11 hrs.

Originally Posted By: 5spdgrind it up into burger meat and use a jerky gun to lay it out.
I have no specific recipe and make it different each time.

+1

My only problem is my kids eat it as fast as I can make it... They are getting old enough this year I am going to have them cocking it out of the gun... A few batches wears out the muscles in your forearm...

This is my favorite for deer meat. I am sure it would be good with antelope too. I have tried it on beef but just not the same but it seems like wild game takes it in better. I let it marinate over night and then when I lay it on the dehydrator I take a pepper grinder and course grind a bit more on the top because I like peppery jerky. Good luck!

2 lbs venison steak, cut into strips
7 ounces soy sauce
7 ounces Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons kosher salt or 2 tablespoons sea salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes

Shelton

I use a food dehydrator to make jerky. I have 2 different jerky marinades that I like. Which one I use depends on how gamey tasting the meat is.

For meat that tastes like jackrabbit, this marinade will make jackrabbits taste good. I am not kidding.

JACKRABBIT JERKY RECIPE: 

Marinade Ingredients for preparing 5 trays of jerky in a dehydrator:

1 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 cup soy sauce

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon curry powder

Mix all marinade ingredients together.  Soak meat slices in marinade for 48 hours in a closed tupperware container in refrigerator.  Remove meat slices from marinade and dehydrate the meat to your desired texture.  Remove meat slices from food dehydrator and store in a ziploc bag.

For meat that does not taste gamey, I use this marinade.

DEER AND ELK JERKY RECIPE

MARINADE NEEDED FOR 5 TRAYS OF JERKY:

¼ cup liquid smoke
1 ½ cups soy sauce or one 10 ounce bottle
½ cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together and put in a tight sealing container. Place meat slices in marinade and soak for 24 hours in refrigerator. Shake occasionally to evenly cover meat. Drain and place meat slices on dehydrator trays. Dry meat slices until desired texture is obtained. Remove meat slices from food dehydrator and store in a ziploc bag.

Back