"NO CAM"

doa

Anyone had a chance to shoot the Mathews "No Cam HTR" yet?
I have to admit when I first opened the box my first impression was "what the heck is this thing". Anyhow, I began to set the bow up and after installing a D-Loop on it I drew it a few times, it was at this point my impression began to change some. After installing the arrow rest I couldn't help myself and had to fire a few shots over it. This is hands down the quietest, smoothest, most shock free bow I've ever shot. It's not a speed demon by todays standards but 320 to 330 IBO is no a turtle either.

My cousin shot one the other day and really like it. Said it was smooth as glass. He currently shoots a Creed and loves it so he said he may have to wait till next year to consider buying it. I shoot a Heli-m and although I love it, I'm not against getting a new bow, but not this year for me either.

I've been able to put enough shots over mine now that I can add incredibly accurate! to "quietest, smoothest, most shock free"
I think they're gonna sell a bunch of these!

Cant say I need or want a new compound but after reading all the praise over at the Bowsite I might have to take one for a test ride.

My friend at T-N-T archery in Coweta Okla. sets up all of Roger Raglins bows. (I've done a few myself). He recieved two of the No Cam bows. Although not getting to shoot one, I did unbox one of them and drew it back. Pretty nice!!

I went to the local shop and test fired one. I was amazed by the smooth and quiet nature of it. I especially liked the dead stop to the draw cycle when at full draw. there is no hump or difference in felt weight while drawing, it just stops and is at its let off.

I ordered one and it will be in by March.

Oddly enough...I wanted plain black, and it was an extra $50 for that. Camo is the standard color now.

I refuse to pay rifle prices for a bow. Not to mention that a bow...any bow, will depreciate by 50% or more in a year's time.

I'll wait and in about 3 or 4 years, I'll pick up one at a more reasonable price.

Bowhunter57

bowhunter57 and Bernie, I fully and respectfully understand your point of view, they are expensive. I'm at the other end though. I have big game hunted exclusively with a bow since 1980 and I make no excuses, it's an addiction. So when a bow comes along that I know is more proficient, more quiet, shoots more accurately, or has attributes that fit my hunting style better, I will add it to my flock. I sell off ones that have lost the edge. There are many people just like me (fanatically obsessed lol) I sell them bows nearly every year.

Hands down, best shooting bow I've ever shot.. If you've not tried the "No Cam" out, go shoot one. Or maybe don't, it will make that 3 or 4 year wait seem like an eternity. Mathews hit the ball out of the park with this one!

Originally Posted By: bowhunter57I refuse to pay rifle prices for a bow. Not to mention that a bow...any bow, will depreciate by 50% or more in a year's time.

I'll wait and in about 3 or 4 years, I'll pick up one at a more reasonable price.

Bowhunter57

Exactly, not to mention they havent changed much in the last 5 years. I shoot a bow from 6 years ago with similar specs as the ones out today give or take 10fps in speed. The added price is not worth it, then again if your made out of money..

I shot one about a month ago and plan on buying one in the spring. Smooth, shock free, quiet. I don't run out and buy new bow every year, my bow is 7 years old and I love it. The last couple years I've been looking for a new one but nothing really appealed to me until I shot the no cam..

I hunted with Tim Wells the past week and he had shot the same bow for the past 10 years because he liked it better than all the new ones they came out with year after year. He tried the no cam when they sent it to him and he really likes it and thats what he'll be using.

That No Cam is a step backwards for Mathews in my opinion. I shot one at my local shop and was not impressed at all. Slow as all he11 and arrows barely stuck in the target compared to my current setup. No penetration whatsoever. The Mathews followers will still swear by them though. They can have them.

I shot one yesterday... unimpressed. I don't see how Matthews went the right direction here. A heavier weight slower bow which cost more money?

I am not a Matthews fan by any means. The bow is ugly as all get out but........the balance of the bow is really nice(the weight and balance is an accuracy thing not a comfort carry thing)the draw is smooth with a solid wall. and if 300+ fps is not fast enough for you then I don't know what to tell you. not my favorite bow by any means but it is a SOLID set up

Mine shoots (with peep and Fast Flight D-loop) IBO 326fps with 65% module, 317 with 75% and 309 with 85%. Not a barn burner by todays speed bow standards, but not exactly what I would consider a turd. I killed one helluva bunch of deer and other critters with bows that were 220fps.
I've also killed a fair amount with 350fps bows, dead is dead! no matter the speed.

I would rather have a bow capable of pin point accuracy then one that just produced the fastest miss I'd ever seen!

I think it's really disrespectful of them to call it a "No Cam" bow. It's a set of eccentric circles - that's a cam.

Mathews does what it does. It's not the fastest bow out there, but they offer NEAR fastest speed with a lot better feel than the fastest bows.

Then again, I don't shoot single cam bows, so the "no cam" being a twin cam is at least another step by them in the right direction.

Its not really even a twin cam. The cables are on small eccentric wheels also, so its almost like a quad cam maybe? I got to fling a few arrows (no sight, just a rest) at the local bow shop and I was pretty amazed at how smooth it draws. Some day, people will eventually realize speed isn't everything (even though the No Cam really isn't all that slow). Heck, just the amount of attention the No Cam has been getting from the haters tells me that Mathews did something right. Well, that and the fact that its already been used to win some indoor events. I'd like to have one, but my MR8 still works too well to justify a new rig.

I didn't have a chance to shoot one but I did get to handle one and draw it a few times. I really like the draw cycle, it's very smooth but I don't think its a bow I'm going to be trading my chill R for until they speed them up a hair.

Back