RRA national match VS varmint trigger

steve garrett

other than of course pull weight what is the difference between these 2 types of triggers?? How is the reduced pull weight of the varmint trigger obtained?? are they simply using reduced power springs?? is it ok to shoot milsurp ammo with the varmint trigger??

Id be interested to hear what you think of that setup. I have the Armalite "tuneable" 2 stage (that looks to be an exact match to the RRA) on my adj stock lower and its a very nice trigger setup. My fixed A2 lower has a mil spec that ive improved but its not as good as I want, I tried the JP spring kit and it wouldn't fire some ammo, or my handloads using CCI 41's consistently

a buddy dropped his AR off so we could trade barrels. his gun has the RRA varmint trigger. just messing around with it the trigger felt awesome, I mean really really good. I have seen these for sale over on ar 15.com for around $85 brand new. once the rest of the parts get in I will take the gun and check the trigger over with my trigger scale. I was just wondering if it has lighter springs or just what exactly they have done to it. in particular if the hammer spring is lighter because this could effect firing hard primer ammo.

Back