300 WSM 165 gr loads

tecumseh

I've got some 165 gr Hornady Interlocks for my 300 WSM and wanted some suggestions on loads to try whith em?

I loaded five rounds to try with a 62.5 gr of IMR-4350 with a fed 210 LR primer and go up from there. I have a load worked up with a 168 gr Barnes TTSX And want to use these for practice rounds given the cost of the barnes.

I think your IMR-4350 powder is a great one to start, and maybe stay with. I'd cross reference data from several reputable sources and go from there.

I have some 165g Hornady BTSP #3045 loaded in front of Superformance Powder but have not tried them out yet.
To shamefully admit, the ones I have loaded while not exceeding the maximum, I need to load some below what I started at. Very limited data that I had available to me at the time and I loaded some more `towards` the upper end.
Stay tuned for updates and please share what you find also.
FWIW- 165g Nosler`s work well in my rifle with 66.7g AA3100..lol...no longer available powder.

I think I would try some Ramshot Hunter if I could find it... I loaded Accurate Arms DP 85 and 165-grain Grand Slams for a buddy's Tikka, and one grain below max shot to .5" at 100 yards. Brass was trimmed to length, projectiles seated to the cannelure, and I used Federal 215s, if memory served. And I used the Nosler Partition data because there was no listing for the Speer GS.

This won't be an exact match because Data Powder 85 from Accurate Arms is not exactly Ramshot Hunter, but the load data is interchangeable, based on information from the AA website.

Last edited:
I've only shot Barnes in my WSM (165s and 150s - settled on 150 TTSX). Both shot real well with Re19. H4350 was just as accurate, but with several other rifles shooting Re19, I just stuck with it.

Back