How Bad Was Election Night For Democrats? Obama’s Home State Elects A Republican Governor

hm1996

Staff member

Ouch!
Quote:

How Bad Was Election Night For Democrats? Obama’s Home State Elects A Republican Governor

By Kevin Boyd (1 day ago) | Editor's Choice, Elections, Nation

In one of the shocking upsets of the 2014 elections, Republican businessman Bruce Rauner defeated Illinois Governor Pat Quinn. As of this writing, Bruce Rauner defeated Gov. Quinn 50.7% to 45.9%.

With Illinois dealing with high taxes, high debt levels, and a stagnant economy, many Illinois voters wanted change from the status quo of one-party rule in their state’s government. As an indication of how fed up voters of Illinois were, the left-leaning Chicago Sun Times gave Bruce Rauner their endorsement for governor.

While it was still a long, close race, in the end Rauner’s message of change was enough to convince Illinois voters to look past party affiliations and vote for him.

Last night, Pat Quinn refused to concede his defeat.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/197786-bad-election-night-democrats-obamas-home-state-elects-republican-governor/?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=%7BCAMPAIGN_ID%7D&listID=%7BlistID%7D

Regards,
hm

"With Illinois dealing with high taxes, high debt levels, and a stagnant economy"

sounds just like the nation as a whole.

Maybe the new Governor will make CC not a pain in [beeep] for other states permits. I would like to someday be able to carry when driving without have to stop and tear everything down and lock it up when going on vacation out west and travaling through Illinois.

Dont forget Mass. and Maryland guys!!
thumbup.gif

North Dakota sent a message to the Democrats... In looking at all federal, state, and several county election results, there wasn't single Democrat elected! Most were defeated by a 2 to 1 margin!

Florida unfortunately, still has it's high population Democratic strongholds, but the democrats even had a tough time in many of those. Thank God however Charlie Christ did not defeat Rick Scott! Crist is another Obama puppet!

I bet some heads are going to roll after that Democrat debacle in Illinois. Lot's of reasons too....not enough dead voters voting for the Dems, Blacks staying home instead of voting, and not enough voting machines doctored to count GOP votes as Democrat. Rahm Emanuel is probably in hiding.

Throwaway result that won't change anything. Nothing in Illinois can be fixed without pain, but the people of IL are simply looking for the Federal government to come in and bail out the whole state with Federal money.

Illinois is wallowing in debt, overspending, and corruption. As soon as the new governor starts any programs that inflict pain--which is inevitable if he wants to fix anything--the people will be up in arms and he'll be voted out.

Illinois, like California, doesn't want to fix problems. They want the problems to continue so they can receive more and more Federal money.

Grouse

Quote: I wouldn't be too surprised to see an organized recall effort before long.

Wonder if all of the fruit cakes will run to WI this time instead of the fruit cakes running to IL like they did when Walker enacted ACT10 here in WI.

Yah,I think Grouse it right also, as with any body infected with parasites, it eventually dies...

The Democrats need to change their animal logo from the donkey to the Tape Worm, that will best describe the party best.

But its still better to have had Illinois, Maryland, South Dakota and Mass. elect Republican Governors than Democrats...

Last edited:
They might suprise you... Scott was reelected down here in Florida, was nip and tuck there for awhile, but when the western end of the state came through it wasn't a real close finish. Scott has had to clean up the mess Crist made of things, he made cuts, big cuts in very unpopular places, he shot down the big government grants for the high speed rail system, he cut government jobs. He made a whole lot of unpopular decisions, decisions that even he stated were difficult, but the state is in way better shape than it was, and the world did not stop turning when folks had to come up with $100 to enroll their chilruns in the sports programs at school. If those Republicans can turn things around and make changes like Scott has, they may well have a chance.

Even if a REP won Illinois? He probably had to sign a confession form before he could run; just like all the other governors before him did. Makes it easy to send them to jail later on graft charges.

I had a lot of work in Rockford IL this year. I remember thinking as I drove from Indy through thousands of acres of farm ground, "how did these people support Obama"? Then I drove through Chicago and it all made sense. The big cities are liberal, dependent on the govt. I got $80 worth of camera produced tickets in the mail for driving though toll booths that were IMPOSSIBLE to get to when in traffic. The new governor has his job cut out for him.

Back