The SEAL Who Killed Bin Laden Goes Public

azmastablasta

He is lucky revenge killing isn't something the religion of peace is into.
rolleyes.gif

The Navy SEAL who shot Osama bin Laden dead decided to go public after comforting the families of WTC terror victims at the 9/11 Museum in lower Manhattan, a new ­report says.

Robert O’Neill spoke to the families while visiting the museum in September to donate the shirt he wore during the nighttime raid on the terror leader’s lair in Pakistan in May 2011.

“The families told me it helped bring them some closure,” O’Neill told The Washington Post.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), who set up the talk with 9/11 victims, said the meeting was dramatic.

“We came in and had the quiet ceremony and it meant a lot,” Maloney told Business Insider. “People were in tears and the room was not that big.”

When asked about the ­heroic raid on bin Laden’s compound, O’Neill said, “I didn’t think I would survive.”

I have seen a lot of people trashing him for going public.

Good for him. The time he spent serving, doing as asked and doing what he did, risking his life. I don't fault him for wanting to make some money in retirement.

Why shouldn't he be proud of his service? I would bet my money on him, for anyone that want's to break into his house at night.

I think he should have kept it to himself, for several reasons. First off, there is the safety issue for the rest of the guys that were on that mission. Sooner or later, their names will be revealed and it could result in danger to them or their families. Then, I question his motives as to what he thinks he will accomplish by telling everyone who he is. I think it is strictly for financial gain. All he is going to do is to draw unwanted attention to the Seal teams.

I agree about the safety issues the financial gain may be part of it. We saw what happened 24 hrs. after Bin Laden was killed the VP told the world and that was mistake #1. Seal family members were put into harms way. Then we see a chopper with 24 seals shot down and that was a planned leak to where they would be. Then there was Chris Kyle going public with his book and being in public all the time helping Vets. That was a planned ordeal as well. There is some part of our government that wants the elite fighting men gone. Being a seal or elite special forces I feel a low profile should be kept.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98I think he should have kept it to himself, for several reasons. First off, there is the safety issue for the rest of the guys that were on that mission. Sooner or later, their names will be revealed and it could result in danger to them or their families. Then, I question his motives as to what he thinks he will accomplish by telling everyone who he is. I think it is strictly for financial gain. All he is going to do is to draw unwanted attention to the Seal teams.

There was a former Seal team 6 guy on the radio yesterday talking about this. He explain a little about BUDS and it being Basic, then there was advanced training and such.

He pointed out that Seals agree that certain things are not talked about to the public. The issue above being one of them. He also said that there are some in the seal community that want this guy brought back into the military and tried under the UCMJ.

What the heck,we heard all the back slapping and so on from the polititions taking credit for this,why not hear from the guys that actually did it? If they are retired and want to step forward,they have earned the right to...

Back