What's happening here?...

???

Happens about every 2 or 3 cycles through. Tried different lengths and powder, same results. The other thing when it locks the bolt back after last round is fired it doesn't kick out the brass. Also sometimes it won't shut the bolt all the way in, but you can but a single round and shut it and it closes? Haven't called the manufacturer yet but first time this has happened to me, with all these issues. Thanks for help!

No, ejects the spent cases but the last one out of the magazine when the bolt locks back it just stays on top of the magazine and doesn't kick it out.

The picture shows after is fired and doesn't fully grab the spent case or it catches on the round in the magazine. I am really thinking its a manufacturer defect but wanted to see if anyone else has came across something like this.

I experienced these types of problems with my R25 (243 Win.) when new.
After describing the problem to the representative (Remington gave me the CS # to DPMS)
he said the 3 main causes are insufficient powder charge, bullet profile, or lubrication.
I figured in my case, it was a combination of weak load (suggested start g`s) and improper lubrication.
With certain powders at the suggested start grains it just was not enough to cycle properly.
I also switched to Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil from RemOil (recommended in owners manual).
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersWhat lube? What load data are you using? Have you tried factory loads? Can you move the extractor easily with your finger?

If not cleaned recently then a good cleaning of the BCG might be a good idea. The extractor is easily removed just keep thumb over it when you push the pin out, once removed it is easier to clean the underside of the part that grabs the case..I use a q-tip at that spot.

Here's after about 20 rounds...

And have no idea what the blue junk is...

To answer some questions... I've been using remoil so will switch to Mobil synthetic oil (just put a thin coating on the bolt?). The extractor moves freely with my finger. And there is ammo made for this specific caliber but hard to get and expensive (.50 Beowulf). The loads I've tried so far are...
Rainier 335gr HP 38gr Lil'Gun & IMR 4227 COL 2.165". The IMR 4227 seems like it doesn't burn all the powder, gets dirty quickly. Should mention that this is a 12" barrel pistol.

Originally Posted By: yotyfoxHave you tried another magazine?

And that's what I was thinking, these magazines are made for this caliber and I've tried different mags but none will work for this certain caliber. And to my knowledge no one else makes magazines for the .50 Beowulf just AA (Alexander Arms).

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaHere's after about 20 rounds...

And have no idea what the blue junk is...

To answer some questions... I've been using remoil so will switch to Mobil synthetic oil (just put a thin coating on the bolt?). The extractor moves freely with my finger. And there is ammo made for this specific caliber but hard to get and expensive (.50 Beowulf). The loads I've tried so far are...
Rainier 335gr HP 38gr Lil'Gun & IMR 4227 COL 2.165". The IMR 4227 seems like it doesn't burn all the powder, gets dirty quickly. Should mention that this is a 12" barrel pistol.

Sounds like a can-o-worms to me..lol..sorry
Maybe a good cleaning and look for some load data for that particular combination...
unsure.gif

BTW...blue looks green to me..lol

Lol Hooked, think I figured it out...

I have a modified pmag that I did for my .204 and guess what? It loads ever round like it should but still super dirty but if I don't find some magnum primers I will stick with Lil'Gun instead of IMR 4227.

Also forgot to lube the bolt up and did great but will get me some Mobil synthetic oil.

One other thing the brass at the mouth had 2 spots where it is burnt. Picture below...

What could cause this to happen? Just started and none of the other spent cases had this on them.

Not sure what would cause that mark on the brass..a 50 Beowulf (?) I heard of that but no experience w/one..let alone a sbr model.
I see a mark similar on range brass 9mm frequently.., but not on any other I`m familiar with.
Curious if you can, post a picture of a .223 Rem or something next to that .50 for comparison, just for my curiosity.
That fifty while it must be slow..quite a short range thumper anyway..lol..
unsure.gif

Originally Posted By: jim87formula Hey 5spd could it be there is some unburned powder between the lug? Like not fully all the way closed?
Possible, but they are all the same types of burn marks in the same area so I doubt its unburned power being in the same spot on each round. Could be something in that area on your lugs or chamber. UId run a brush/jag to clean those areas out.
I don't own a 50 and I have seen those marks on straight pistol cases as well now & then.
IMO its just a flash back burn from when your bullet is fired, but Im probably wrong in guessing that as Im not a expert in that area.

Originally Posted By: jim87formulaHere you go Hooked...

Hey 5spd could it be there is some unburned powder between the lug? Like not fully all the way closed?

Wow! great picture...never could tell from the original post..thank you.

I agree w/ what 5spd said.
Maybe with any luck a true expert with that round will chime in/offer their experience..if not, guess you will figure it out and be that guy..
thumbup1.gif

Back