Gemtech Blast Jacket

Seems like a cure for a problem that could be fixed by simply taking the flash suppressor off your gun. It appears to simply take the flash and redirect to where it would have gone without the flash suppressor in the first place.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BearSeems like a cure for a problem that could be fixed by simply taking the flash suppressor off your gun. It appears to simply take the flash and redirect to where it would have gone without the flash suppressor in the first place.

Those quick mount/flashhiders are semi permanently mounted and used to attach their cans. Not an easy on off type of thing.

I know there are Gemtech haters out there...particularly Surefire and AAC fans. I've watched the youtube melt down video. Then of course there are AAC haters out there too.

I found the product development interesting, especially when there are guys out there who buy Levang linear comps for example. I just run a silencer, except when I can't.

Sendit

Originally Posted By: sendit223I know there are Gemtech haters out there...particularly Surefire and AAC fans. I've watched the youtube melt down video. Then of course there are AAC haters out there too.

I found the product development interesting, especially when there are guys out there who buy Levang linear comps for example. I just run a silencer, except when I can't.

Sendit

I run cans on everything.
smile.gif

First of all if this is directed at me I am not a hater but I would never buy one as they will not consistently do what i need them to do. I also do not own 1 AAC or Surfire can. I do have access to about every can made and have shot about every can available. I have only bought the ones for my personal collection that do what a can should do and do it well.
I find their product development lacking in areas compared to many other company's.
Most dealers love them and push them as a great can because the margin is REAL good on them.
So... not a fan is what I will say and leave it at that.

See signature below.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERFirst of all if this is directed at me

It was just a general observation overall. I've seen people get their backs up real quick about silencer brands in a way similar to Ford, Chevy, etc. Your comment did prompt mine, but I understand your explanation for the most part. If you don't mind me asking, what is it Gemtech silencers don't do that you want them to do? Is there a particular model that let you down?

I own a few silencers and have used others (SRT, AAC, Gemtech, Surefire, Silencerco, OSS), but it sounds like you have more access than I do.

My SRT Hurricane Ti is by far my favorite of any I've used because there is negligible zero shift, my rifle is super accurate with the can, it is very quiet, and it's super light. I have 100% confidence in my SRT for predators and varmints, but I wouldn't use it for 3 gun.

Sendit

Some folks do get all worked up, me I just shoot what works best no big deal.

Gemtech didn't let me down, they all just don't perform and those should have never been released. (Bad design). That is why I always tell people to test drive before they buy and make sure the suppressor does the things you want them to do. If a dealer wont let you test drive then find another dealer. I will say that I do not believe you should have to shoot in or season a suppressor, you should not have to put 1000 rounds through it to get it to shoot consistent groups. You should not have to settle for a can that has a first round shift either. Every round should go through same hole from first round shot to tenth round shot right out of the box, always.

You made a wise choice with the SRT TI it is a sweet can, love it and it is one I recommend.

I also love the TBAC TI cans. When I shoot 1000 yard matches or long range hunting, those are the cans I go with esp when the first and every round fired counts.

Sorry I didn't mean to jack your thread.
smile.gif

I can tell you one thing. I would rather the guy hunting or shooting with me has any kind of can than no can at all. LOUD is so rude.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERSorry I didn't mean to jack your thread.
smile.gif

I can tell you one thing. I would rather the guy hunting or shooting with me has any kind of can than no can at all. LOUD is so rude.
smile.gif

You didn't jack it. I asked follow up questions. And I agree with you about preferring people have "a" silencer than no silencer at all. I think my main hunting partner deliberately won't get one so he has an excuse to be 100 yards downwind!

Sendit

A few of you are missing the point. If you have to shoot your 10" AR without the can, the blast is quite impressive. This allows you to attach to the QD muzzle device and make the blast a little more tolerable.

Back