Anyone have a Tikka T3 in 7mm08?

scribe308

I'm kind of settled on a Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm08. I chose this caliber primarily for the lighter recoil over a .308. I haven't bought yet and am waiting on another gun to sell so I can fund it.

If any of you have this caliber Tikka, what "white-tail deer friendly" factory ammo have you found to shoot the best in it? I am planning to buy an assortment of the top 4-5 ammo makes/types that you list so I'm not grabbing in the dark at first to try all hunting ammo types.

I'm a new poster here and I'm looking forward to your responses.

Cheers.

I bought one when they first became available. I primarily used the Hornady lite magnum loads, but then switched to rem 140. I have tried several others and all shot good. I reload now. Any 140 will put the hamme3r on whitetails. Good luck

Tikkas are good shooters but I have not purched one in 7mm08 yet.
However I can easily recommend Remington Core Lokt 140 or 150. They shoot great in every rifle I have owned. I have killed a load of deer and elk with these bullets, almost every one a single shot DRT.
Core Lokt are very affordable and effective. If you search here youll see recent posts of the same.
This year claimed another deer-Core Lokt

No Tikka experience as they are not my thing but I do love the 7-08. I load the SST 139 grain and have never needed to look elsewhere for a bullet in terms of accuracy or hunting. Hard hitting caliber on game but nice and easy on the shoulder.

I have a t3 lite in 7 08. It really liked the federals with 140 Barnes tsx. Be aware though. U chose the 08 for recoil. The t3 kicks as much as my fathers model 7 7mm wby

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip Baysinger,

After I zero it with my scope, I'll see if I need the Limbsaver for it.

All, thanks for the ammo suggestions!

Cheers.

HAVE A T3 LIGHT IN 243 & 270. BOTH SHOOT WELL. BEST FACTORY TRIGGER IVE FOUND. GOOD OPTICS A MUST. FOR THE $ YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Tikka t3 is awesome but its light as heck. See them for sale used in 300mag all the time but rarely in the lighter calibers. Coincidence? I think not...

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660Tikka t3 is awesome but its light as heck. See them for sale used in 300mag all the time but rarely in the lighter calibers. Coincidence? I think not...

I saw a guy sell a .338 in one day.

I'm shooting 140 grain Remington's in my Savage 7mm-08,found some 125 grain Remington's that I plan on trying this year hopefully?If You have a little too much recoil in the Tikka Lite Remington also make a Managed Recoil bullet for the 7mm-08 Caliber!

^^^ would be perfect. Id like to put mine in a new stock just can't justify it no more than I shoot it and how well it shoots stock with factory ammo. No reason for me to buy dies.

I have a stainless t3 lite in 30-06 and recoil is not bad at all. I also have a model 7 in 7mm-08, similar weight and is more accurate but recoil is similar. You might want a 308 because of ammo availability and cost.

Back