ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

That is a pretty darn good picture if taken through the X-Sight. I assume it was. Resolution looks pretty good.

Now finding out what the upper limit of IR lighting works with the unit will be nice. The higher the wavelength the harder it is for critters to see. If 980nm or higher works it will be much harder for the critters to see the IR light source glow then the current 850nm lights.

I for one will never purchase anything from ATN. Over the years I've had so much of their gear returned when it was all made in Russia. Now the rep finally admitted this X-Sight is made purely and entirely in China! On another site, this Rep was bad mouthing anyone who did not agree with him and would not even admit where the unit was made until others kept asking until he had no choice. I even tried to call to their office and none of the Reps supposedly even knew where the X-sight was made.

They even admitted the X-site will be released with known issues and will fix them later! Typical ATN stuff.

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareNow finding out what the upper limit of IR lighting works with the unit will be nice. The higher the wavelength the harder it is for critters to see. If 980nm or higher works it will be much harder for the critters to see the IR light source glow then the current 850nm lights.

This is the "Achilles Heel" of low end NIghtvision or any NV that needs supplemental IR light. As soon as you turn the emitter on I guarantee you if you are hunting coyotes they will keep that red glow in their scan even if they decide to come into a caller. You have now given your position away with NO "red light" glare feedback into his vision to help hide your movement that you get when using LED lights.

When it comes to NV, you certainly do get what you pay for!

That bobcat pic looks allot better than the supposed "800 yard" deer that appears to me to be a 300 yard deer in spite of ATN claims to the contrary.

That said, I may get one of these for the .22 as I think it might work great on the backyard night armadudes or possibly on the RWs pellet rifle if it can handle the pellet rifle recoil. Armadillos are not afraid of 850nm IR light!

The 3X one would be more to my liking as no way do I want a minimum of 5X at night and no way can I use 18X at night either. For the ranges it may work at night, 5X-18X simply does not sound like a good setup, 1-5X would be more like it for real world useage....

At what magnification do these units start to become pixelated and image degrades? High end NV scopes and Thermal scopes don't go up to 18X clear as a bell....?

Originally Posted By: fastforwardI for one will never purchase anything from ATN. Over the years I've had so much of their gear returned when it was all made in Russia. Now the rep finally admitted this X-Sight is made purely and entirely in China! On another site, this Rep was bad mouthing anyone who did not agree with him and would not even admit where the unit was made until others kept asking until he had no choice. I even tried to call to their office and none of the Reps supposedly even knew where the X-sight was made.

They even admitted the X-site will be released with known issues and will fix them later! Typical ATN stuff.

What site did you get that information from?

The more I hear about and from ATN the more I suspect they are a bad news bear. Buying from them, sounds risky to me. Something is pretty seriously wrong with their production, and I would bet it's a software issue.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThat said, I may get one of these for the .22 as I think it might work great on the backyard night armadudes or possibly on the RWs pellet rifle if it can handle the pellet rifle recoil. Armadillos are not afraid of 850nm IR light!

Pup....I would forget about about mounting this on a springer. My bet is it will fall apart before you get it sighted in.

Here is a .22 PCP setup that you can appreciate......

aPBQY2e.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one anyway. I will let you guys know how it performs for sure! If it gets me shots at 150 yards I will be happy. I don't shoot at foxes much further than that!

If that is 800 yards I think everybody needs one for under 800 bucks but that's just a hard company to trust

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: SkyPupThat said, I may get one of these for the .22 as I think it might work great on the backyard night armadudes or possibly on the RWs pellet rifle if it can handle the pellet rifle recoil. Armadillos are not afraid of 850nm IR light!

Pup....I would forget about about mounting this on a springer. My bet is it will fall apart before you get it sighted in.

Here is a .22 PCP setup that you can appreciate......

aPBQY2e.jpg

Nice, you know I can appreciate that!
thumbup1.gif

One of my buddy's has a Benjamin PCP and we can easily put one of my T-70's onto it.

Originally Posted By: bobschauberGman, animals can not see infrared lighting!

They certainly can see the visible red light from the IR LEDs since it is not a pure waveform like a laser.

No IR LED gives out a pure waveform, it is a normal statistical distribution graphed with the stated output (750nm, 850nm, 940nm) at the peak of the curve. IR LEDs give out a wide range of radiation with some of it in the visible red range.

A 940 IR normal distribution curve of waveforms does not crossover into the visible red domain very much, however it is at the upper range of NV devices image intensifiers and does not have as much range or power as the 850nm IR LEDs do.

Originally Posted By: bobschauberGman, animals can not see infrared lighting!

It's not the light.....it's the RED GLOW from the emitter.

Sky pup, nobody said anything about red light from the ir led. I know you want to prove how this new sight is not as good as one of your high dollar units, we all get that! I stated that animals can not see ir!

Originally Posted By: bobschauberSky pup, nobody said anything about red light from the ir led. I know you want to prove how this new sight is not as good as one of your high dollar units, we all get that! I stated that animals can not see ir!

bobschauber.....

I see that you are a new member. You may want to use the PredatorMasters search box above to do a little research. A lot of the members on here have evolved from lights to NV over the past few years including Skypup. Most of us feel that whatever form of lights or NV you use that WORKS for you is GTG....it can be a red LED light or a high end thermal.

You will also find tons of posts about emitters and their use with various types of NV products and it will most likely answer any questions you might have.

Last edited:
Back