Finally found a good cheek riser! It was even cheap

kpkiefer

I got a Savage 10T awhile back and the stock and I were not getting along at all. It's a wide forend beavertail "new" accustock and it's actually pretty solid. Problem with it (and every savage I've been behind) was that it had to much drop and I couldn't get a good cheek weld at all. I tried a blackhawk stock pack and it slipped and pushed my face too far to the side. Ended up doing the mousepad pieces and duct tape. It worked but was quite hideous. I stumbled across an "FN/FAL Universal Cheekrest" on Amazon one day for a whopping $11 shipped (with prime). Mine measured .80" and after about 5 minutes with the dremel I got it to .6" which was exactly what I needed. The bottom side is somewhat concave so you really only need to hit one side with the dremel and it's extremely easy. It now fits extremely well, looks like it belongs there even. The small gap on the backside isn't actually a gap either. The corner has a radius on it, it actually touches the stock all the way around. It attaches with two screws so it should be rock solid.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had issues with this so hopefully this will help save some headaches for a few guys. I figured for $11 this was worth sharing.

i use the voodoo tactical cheek rest on most of my rifles,i can add or remove foam padding to get it right where i want it.
I think they cost about $15
f22fd03ab9b68efb7f5a1801e2ea64e2.jpg

Crowsniper,

Where do you find that cheek rest? I have looked on the voodoo site but I can't find it... I recently purchased one of their shooting mats and have been impressed with it.

Found it on midway

Last edited:
Those bases are so tall plus the rings. There are not shorter bases? I use Leupold standard base on extra low rings.

My bases with the rings combined look shorter than just the base on either of those guns! Lower mounts seem better than comb riser if the objective will clear. I think I can still run 36mm on these and they are extra low. Bet the lows clear a 40mm.

Mine is an EGW base, looks like crow sniper may have the same thing. That rifle actually came with the EGW base so that's what I ended up using. I couldn't go much lower and still clear the objective on mine. Certainly not enough to not need a cheek riser. I've tried those stock packs also but was never quite happy with them, I didn't try a voodoo though. I'm super picky about having a rock solid cheek weld, so this is simply my preference.

Originally Posted By: crow sniperi use the voodoo tactical cheek rest on most of my rifles,i can add or remove foam padding to get it right where i want it.
I think they cost about $15
f22fd03ab9b68efb7f5a1801e2ea64e2.jpg

Crowsniper, Nortex, and any of you other guys here that have went with McM, Manners, Greybull vertical grip stocks, do you wish you'd have went adjustable??

I'm looking to order one in the near future, either an A3 or Manners T4, I really want to just get the standard stock. For a 75% range toy, 25% hunting rifle if that. Those "rifle purses" (they'll make fun of you over at the 'fire for those) look like they'd do the trick though, and hold some goodies to boot...

I really like my greybull. Not sure I will ever use anything else. I need shorter rings, just don't want to mess with it until after this season. I have a 50mm set up a little too high and I'm still able to get comfortable on it no problem.

For my laminated stock I use a SW Precision Kydex adjustable cheek rest. Used a piece of heavy saddle skirting leather with a couple holes punched in it to put an Uncle Mike's 10 round Velcro flap belt cartridge holder on. It works great and keeps my ammo tidy and handy. The cop's would work great on a hollow core synthetic stock. Looks like anyway. And the price is great.

Back