Pa trapping 2014 general talk

Downman74

It's my first year trapping. So I just want a place to post pics, ask questions, and just discuss anything on our minds for this season. I live in bedford county and in 4 days I have 3 coons so far and missed a grey fox the other night. Hope this forum really gets going

You should wait till the animal are prime. Numbers won't help this year. Think price for unprimed coons will be around 5 for the 3xl finished ones. Enjoy while you are out door. Season here start 15 Nov. will Wait till Dec 1. Cats ,rats and fox is the animal to trap.

I still see it as 5 I didn't have in my pocket before you know. What's Virginia's limit on cats? In PA we can only trap/shot one and there is a 2 week gap to do so. I'm mainly targeting coons, fox, and yotes, not a lot of rats near me

12 here. Catch the coons when prime should pay for gas. Always remember fur trapping is for the pelt and animal control work you get paid for removal . Just keep track of your time ,gas. Try to catch your limit of fisher to.

Can you all give me your opinion on best lures and bait that you use? I live in Schuylkill County, Pa. Mostly wooded ares, however, with the mine reclaimation going on and many fields being created, the red fox and coyote population has been steadily growing the past few years. What would you all use to make the most successful of sets?

Hawbaker,Carman and Grawes make good lure and baits. Dirt hole with a trench works good for fox. Flat set for yotes with gland lure. Don't snare to much fur damage in Pa. dead would be ok .

Get on fntpost.com haw bakers has a fox/coyote lure that attracts all canines works pretty well her in bedford. Work dirt roads and the roads in and out of those mines with the dirt holes and just use the lure. Yotes use the easiest ways in and out i.e. Logging roads and such

Also, from the results that I had recieved secondary to everyones input on this forum, I would like to share some pictures of what I had caught thus far as soon as I learn how to attach a photo to here. lol.......

Back