Scope for a 444 Marlin lever action

What scope would you get for a Marlin lever in 444? I am thinking something in the 1-4 or 2-7 power? I will use the rifle for deer drives and sitting over bear baits. I do know I want a scope and not a peep or open sights.

Mine wears a Leupold VX3 1.5-5x20 heavy duplex. Love it.....
27CC1132-3657-4B2A-9EFB-3ED3BD59098C_zpsw7hazy7h.jpg

Have one on a 35 Whelen as well. Great scopes....
whelenator_zpsa8b10e96.jpg

I am pleasantly surprised by the new VX-1 2-7x33 shotgun scope with HD. Put one on a 35 Rem. They make it in a 1-4X also. Lotta scope for the money....

The VX-1 1x4 is a nice scope, I just put one on my drilling. Impressive FOV and it can be mounted very low. Comparing it to my VX-2 the only difference I can see is the click adjustments and once my hunting gun is sighted in the caps only come off if I change loads and the hash marks on the adjustments work as well as counting clicks.

One more for the VX1 2x7x33. I thought I was just being cheap when I put one on my 1895guide in 450 Marlin. Turns out to be an amazing piece of glass for the price. Light, reliable, made in the USA, doesn't break the bank either.

I love to see other guys with a 444! I have a Leupold VX II 2-7x33 on my 444S and I think it is the perfect setup, almost all of my shots have been taken with the scope on 2x power. I am looking at putting this same model scope on a 45-70GS that I just purchased this summer. Good Luck with your Big Bore!

Back