Comm devices

I have a helmet mounted PVS-14 and now wold like to make my life more complicated by adding some type of communication device. A friend and i hunt coyotes in a lot of wide open ground interspersed with occasional heavy tree cover. We do get separated (I know, not safe), are usually able to signal with our lasers. I am interested in some type of communication device that can be either helmet or underneath the helmet mounted, so that we can have voice contact. Any suggestions?

Team wendy exfil should be compatible with ear pro like the peltor comtac. If you want to get that fancy. I don't know what radios interface best with those headsets because that stuff is just too far outside my price range. For my money I would get a handheld ham radio like the baofeng uv5r and one of the ear piece/ Mic combinations that's made to go with it. For less than $50 per unit you can have a setup that has better range than your typical walkie talkie and the ability to use repeaters. Yes you need a license to operate but that's really not difficult to do and I took the test for free through one of our local ham clubs.

Back