finally broke down and bought a foxpro.. help!!

coonsmen

I finally threw the old js wire speaker pos away and bought a cheap FoxPro ( wildfire) to see if I like it and then upgrade from there. I know I have limited my self with only having 35 sounds but again I wanted to see if I like FoxPro before spending 4-500.
with that said what sounds that are contained on the wildfire have you hade the most success with.
and what sequence would you use.

I have used mouth calls almost exclusively the last 3 years and am very new to an e caller like these.

I think it should also be noted that I live in Illinois so lots of timber patches with crp, corn and cattle pastures mixed in.

Thanks
J Smith

Last edited:
You have a lot of productive sounds on the Wildfire. BayBee cottontail, Snowshoe HP, Jackrabbit, Vole squeaks, Kitten distress, Coyote pup distress, Red Headed Woodpecker and others will work for you. Mix in some of the coyote vocals and you'll be good to go. Vole squeaks is an excellent coaxer. Coyotes and foxes can hear that sound a long way, especially when it is really cold with little wind. Good hunting at ya!

Coyote Death Cries....... If the trash man hasn't come fetch your wired JS out of the trash with a little patience and audacity you can record all the JS sounds from your cards onto your computer and then upload them onto your Foxpro... Best of both worlds,

I did the same as you last winter I stopped using my JS and Bought a Wildfire. And after 6 months I upgraded to the Shockwave. I kept the old speaker from the JS and used it with my Foxpro. I cut down the battery life but sure helped buck the wind on windy days. Remember just because the call only comes with 35 sounds it will hold 200.

Back