NRA Working for the Shooting Sports

hm1996

Staff member
Many ask just what NRA does for us, why should I maintain my NRA membership?

Well, while NRA is fighting endlessly for our 2nd Amendment rights, the "not for profit" arm, NRA Foundation, is busy raising funds in concert with local (FONRA) volunteers across the nation used to fund firearms safety programs & promote the shooting sports through grants to local shooting ranges such as the range development efforts below.

NRA works for ALL of the shooting/hunting community!
Not a member? Join here and save $10-$25 in the process.

https://membership.nrahq.org/3270/default.aspx?src=camo&ek=Y4JE512B

Is your gun club need additional funding for range improvements or sponsoring a junior shooting team? Look into applying for a FONRA grant.....and while you're at it, consider volunteering to start or serve on your local FONRA committee.

Quote:
Laredo (TX) Rifle and Pistol Club getting long-term contract

Posted: Mon 6:49 PM, Oct 27, 2014
By: Valerie Bragg - Email

LAREDO, TEXAS (KGNS) - Jose Gonzalez has been a member of the Laredo Rifle and Pistol Club for over a decade. You can find him at the range weekly.

“I was brought up in the use of weapons for hunting and of course self-defense,”

Gonzalez will take over as president of the club in 2015. He's expects membership to increase.

“Hunting season brings a few memberships out. These are people that come in and zero in on weapons for hunting season, the membership has gone up.”

The club has operated on a month to month basis with Webb County for the past six months. Now, Webb County commissioners and club board members are ready to strike a long term deal.

“We are stressing safety. We have a range officer out there who stresses safety and I think that's been the best and biggest improvement we've had.”

Bobby Adame is the club's treasurer. Hiring the range officer was a requirement from Webb County, in order to get the long term lease.
The club has also raised the berms behind their ranges as another condition of the lease. Now, the county and club will sign a five year lease.

“We need the lease because in order to get a grant from the Nation Rifle Association, it has to be submitted by the month of November. We have to have the lease before we can submit the grant.”

If the range can get the grant, they will address additional safety concerns from the county commission. The club will have to turn each range, so they are all facing the former landfill. The club will also build a fence around their entire property.

http://www.kgns.tv/home/headlines/Laredo...-280530162.html

Regards,
hm

Back