What happened to Preditor Calling and Hunting on TV ?

iowa roger

I haven't seen any of the preditor calling and hunting episodes on TV.
I am wondering if there was a lot of complaints about cruelty by the do-gooders or was there a lack of interest in this type of hunting.
I for one, did enjoy it, some of it did look a bit staged but I still did enjoy it.
It will be interesting to see what others thought of it.
I do enjoy seeing others thoughts on things.
Opinions are like noses, we all have one.

Originally Posted By: iowa rogerI haven't seen any of the preditor calling and hunting episodes on TV.
I am wondering if there was a lot of complaints about cruelty by the do-gooders or was there a lack of interest in this type of hunting.
I for one, did enjoy it, some of it did look a bit staged but I still did enjoy it.
It will be interesting to see what others thought of it.
I do enjoy seeing others thoughts on things.
Opinions are like noses, we all have one.

I still see Predator Quest on quite a bit...
I agree, I do enjoy the shows as well, better than all the tree stand ground blind episodes they have booked.

Sum ppl rag on the shows but I admit I watch most of them... They sure as he77 beat American Idol or dancing with the stars...

In case you didn't know, I have moved Predator Pursuit to Pursuit Channel the last 6 months of the year. So, Sportsman Channel Jan-July, and Pursuit Channel Aug-Dec.
Pursuit Channel-
Sat- 5:30Pm Est
Wed-11:30am Est
Fri- 9:00Am Est

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI say an episode of Carnivore with Gary Roberson this weekend. Not one of my favorites.

Carnivore is one step up from Dead Dog Walking. I honestly can't stand either one; exception being the episode with skinney. If the whole series was like that one episode, it would destroy the competition.
Watching Roberson put out an electric caller and sit underneath a cactus is enough to make me fall asleep. You could play one episode on a loop every week and you'd pretty much have the entire Carnivore series.
With any of the television aired predator hunting shows, there's way more fluff than substance. I'm sure it's a tough gig producing a show, but really if you watch one you've seen them all; turn on e-caller, some B roll of hunter setting up for a shot, flash back to coyote and bang, followed by a long drawn out marketing speech of why each one of said products caused a dead coyote.

I really enjoy the predator hunting shows but selfishly speaking I don't want it to grow too much in popularity for inventory purposes.....

I find predator hunting shows to be the same...over and over the same thing. There are no record book coyotes like deer, elk, moose ect..
I dont watch any hunting shows as they just seem way to staged and repetitive....like me :0

Cheers!!

I've got a question: Why does every predator hunting show on TV look like it was filmed in 1985? I don't do this stuff professionally yet I've been told our video's on youtube are some of the best and most crisp footage people have seen of predator hunting. Oneil's stuff is awesome as well.

So why are the shows on the tv looking like they are playing from a VCR? Predator quest, predator pursuit, etc... all are so grainy you'd think we traveled back in time. My $3000 tv cries when I watch that stuff. What gives?

Anyone know of any predator killing that is presented on direct TV channels in HD?

The Youtube stuff is OLD. Before HD. Vimeo has some better quality stuff. All the networks are now HD. Everything we film is full HD with Color Correction, Wireless Mics, and all the high end equipment.

I never really enjoyed watching predator hunting on TV because I just hated listening to the electronic callers over and over again. Always thought the same about turkey hunting shows with their calls. But that's just me. I never had a problem with the shows, probably should just turn the volume down and watch.

Originally Posted By: Jeff ThomasonAll the networks are now HD. Not on DirectTV or DISH they aren't. That would explain why all the outdoor shows look like garbage out here.

It's interesting to learn how coyotes react to calling in different parts of the country while watching TV/Web calling shows. What works and what doesn't. You can also learn to set up properly/call specific areas. Les Johnson/ Skinney /Randy Anderson do a good job with that. Get a big charge out of Tony T.( He must be part coyote himself) and Gunnar. Most all these guys are willing to share their knowledge and providing very good viewing, while making a few necessary bucks. You know you got a quality show if you'd like to hunt with'em...Paul

Back