DDT (Daddy Daughter Time)

Thanks all! I have three kids and I hope to share some hints with all of them. My oldest is deployed right now overseas. We've never been calling together. When I started coyote hunting he was in his teenage years already and had better things to do than hang out with Dad. Seems though that when he is away he often says how he'd like to go sometime. I truly hope to make that happen some day. Of course my daughter who is turning into quite the hunting partner. And then I have a three year old boy as well who is all about the "pow POWs" right now. He loves to watch coyote hunting DVDs and points to the pelts hanging on the wall.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nyttrain5150Thanks tugboater!

You bet! My 9 year old daughter is trying to get me to take her out... You have inspired me to do just that. So thank you
smile.gif

Awesome, I have a 19 month old daughter and another little girl on the way in March. I'm glad to see daughters that like to hunt with their daddies, and I hope that I can do the same with mine. My daughter is walking and starting to talk, she loves being with me outside and in the garage. Today she helped me mount a new scope and played with an old sps rifle stock, I think that she might be a little huntress yet. Do you have any tips on how and when to introduce girls to the outdoors and firearm safety?

This was my 6 year old daughter last spring. No, she didn't shoot that double (daddy did) but she just had to carry her .22 on stand with us anyways. She has been with me for 6 kills so far this year. Took her deer hunting with her carrying a real rifle for the first time last weekend. No luck that day but plan to help her get her first deer this year. She is shooting the .223 pretty good now.

For sure they are. My girl has two older brothers that are 18 and 22 now. All are hunters/shooters, all are different and unique. It has been interesting seeing how they each develop differently and take their own path.

BTW, I didn't tell you great story, and thanks for doing an awesome job on raising your daughter to enjoy the outdoors!

Back