Who to buy from?

wisel86

Who has the best deals on fleshing boards stretching boards or wire stretchers ? Oh and decent fleshing knives. Looking to buy some and dont want to get hosed!

F&T has always been exceptional in my dealings; goes for Minnesota Trapline Products and Cumberlands as well. You might check with Kaatz brothers; I don't know what all they carry but it might save you some shipping since they are in your state.

MN Trapline Products has been my go to place since they opened.

Fleshing beams are pretty easy to make, a 2x6, jig saw, plane and some elbow grease and your ready to go.

Here's one I built when I expect to do a number of pelts, it folds up for travel. I also made one that fits the trailer hitch on the truck.

I made this beam from a piece of Mesquite.. It should last a while.. I make my own stretchers from 2x4s that i cut in half lengthwise and plane down to the right thickness and then cut to proper size.

Everything else i got from F&T, I didn't get a curved fleshing knife, and it doesn't seem like it would be needed. It only takes a few minutes with the 12" straight one that i have now.

A good Fleshing knife, a set of Pearing knives that are like $5 from Swiss army,
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/victorin...CFQ-DfgodmY4AVg

and then i get some plain floss and went into the sewing store and got the thinest needle that i could fish that floss through and bent it into an arc to make it easier to use.

I have a set of stubby needle nose pliers and a good Dog brush that is a two row rake for matted hair and gets those nasty cocklebears out when the hair is wet, like nothing.
http://www.petsmart.com/dog/brushes-combs-blow-dryers/top-paw-shedding-rake-blade-zid36-22677/cat-36-catid-100097;pgid=zAVCg7wl7aZSRpFedmmSUcSk0000jWEak4AU;sid=laWpw__BI5uKw6vOGtbqx83L_Awwu5ZoDN1vEFMd?var_id=36-22677&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

I made my apron, and got a set of heavy duty gloves from Home Depot for washing..

If i have a bunch to wash, like 10 or more, sometimes i will just go to the cheap laundry mat and do the front loader on quick wash.. Works great. lol

Last edited:
Back