Good morning red !

Pa. Mick

My 2014/15 season opener found me hunting fair weather. Quite a bit warmer than what I'm used to. Usually start my season in late December chasing coyotes but jump started with an early season fox opener on the weekend.
On 3rd set had Wiley barking & charging in to steal my rabbit . Luck being oni his side he took advantage of me screwing up & disappeared without a shot. At daybreak I redeamed myself with a shot on this red female as she also wanted some bunny. The new Savage 17 Hornet sent the 20 gr. V-max the 120 paces into her chest to claim it's first predator .
null_zpsfc59780a.jpg

It's the new Vortex 3-12 x 56mm hog scope with adjustable illuminated red dot in the crosshairs. Comes with sun shade. Full unlimited lifetime guarantee. $300 bucks

I like it so far.

Where did you get that tube for your scope light? I recently picked up a nice light, but it needs some sort of tube/halo to help project the light...

congrats on first kill with 17 hornet it is an awesome caliber with no pelt damage need to get one once funds recuperate

Light tube : $2.00 plastic tube of caulking , Lowes, Home Depot, Hardware store, cut off end with nozzle with utility knife. Pushed caulking out of tube with rag & stick. Spray paint black inside & outside, slip over light apply black electrical tape. A little tape may be needed on light if a little loose. Works great.

Must paint inside also or light shines through.

Back