ATN X-sight --- Shipping to distributers

PharmerJon

According to the ATN facebook page:
It's been a long time coming, but today our highly-anticipated X-Sight 3-12x and 5-18x will begin shipping to distributors. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate time frame from when the product will get from our warehouse to your hands, but orders are being shipped on a first in, first out priority basis. We appreciate your continued support and patience during this time and hope you will have found your X-Sight well worth the wait.

So... who has one of these on pre-order?
thumbup.gif

We want details and we want them ASAP!

Last edited:

I have a friend who has had one on pre-order since early spring. They kept getting pushed further and further into the future. Will be interesting to see how they work out.

I would almost hate to be one of the first customers given all the trouble that they've been having getting them good enough to bring to market.

It will be very interesting to see what new technology ATN has come up with to be able to zoom to the 12x and 18x ranges for night time use. I can't zoom any further than about 14x with a Gen 3 and full moon. Will be very interesting to see the reviews on this to say the least. Kevin

Originally Posted By: 1loboI would almost hate to be one of the first customers given all the trouble that they've been having getting them good enough to bring to market.

My thoughts exactly. I hate being a bata tester.

If you've really got to have one, I would recommend UNV. Tyler has been a good person for me to deal with and I think he will give you a straight answer on availability.

Originally Posted By: HTRN57It will be very interesting to see what new technology ATN has come up with to be able to zoom to the 12x and 18x ranges for night time use. I can't zoom any further than about 14x with a Gen 3 and full moon. Will be very interesting to see the reviews on this to say the least. Kevin

Because the scopes sensor brings in full HD resolution images and video at an optical magnification of 5x yet displays the same image at a lower resolution value the digital zoom feature is processing a larger image to a smaller screen foot print which IN THEORY offsets image pixelation.

So long as the base 5x image is provided enough IR light to render a bright image (edge to edge) than use of digital zoom won't effect the brightness of the image.

BB

There are pictures on the Texas hunting forum site in the x-sight thread. Apparently the UNV guy has one and has been getting some pictures with it. These look real, unlike the other stuff that's been bandied about.

Thanks 1lobo. If those day & night pictures are Legit I just made my mind up. The night pic at 150yds with the unv20 was impressive

I am reasonably sure the night pictures are legit. The guy that posted them seems to me to be a straight shooter (no pun intended). It is too early to tell for sure, but it looks pretty decent. I still think it is a mistake to buy one of the first ones. It could be just like the first sightmark photons. Not bad, but much improved in the second model. There have to be issues with them considering the long time to market. I expect the UNV guy will be pretty quick to review what he has.

I would bet that their supply issues will be resolved then too. I would bet you are right about bug fixes etc. After the holidays should give you a chance to see better pricing too.

That rig looks to be a nice entry to NV hunting.
I had to read pass all the BS from a few posters there to get to any real facts though!

Back