Ohio Roll Call

I would love to go to Hershey. Can't make up my mind to sell Herpie or not. I am wanting a older bug. 66 or older. Wish this weather would cool down a little so I can get out and do something!

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehntrI would love to go to Hershey. Can't make up my mind to sell Herpie or not. I am wanting a older bug. 66 or older. Wish this weather would cool down a little so I can get out and do something! no doubt! I'm ready for some dawg smashin, but holy cow, sittin on the porch sippin tea seems a lil more fun during this warm spell.

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnOriginally Posted By: ohioyotehntrI would love to go to Hershey. Can't make up my mind to sell Herpie or not. I am wanting a older bug. 66 or older. Wish this weather would cool down a little so I can get out and do something! no doubt! I'm ready for some dawg smashin, but holy cow, sittin on the porch sippin tea seems a lil more fun during this warm spell.

This heat has me hiding inside the house more than anything else lol.

Got the bows ready for deer. Now just need to make sure I'm still zeroed on the rifles. We should get together this season and see what we can do.

Dusty, sell the bug and get the one you want. No point throwing money in that one if it's not exactly what you want.

Me and the boy have been out driving the back rds scanning some pasture fields at night with the FLIR thermal. Haven't started calling. The weather is starting to cool at night and the standing corn is disappearing fast around here. Hopefully we'll get some pics posted in the near future. Hey Dusty.... Me and Sam were running the chains at our sons football game Tuesday night. He's is dying go so don't be surprised to see a pic of his ULGY MUG on here.
scared.gif

Last edited:
Successful or not? It's finally cooling down now where hunting at night is enjoyable. A very close friend was wanting to get in the night calling game so over the past year he's gathered a helmet mounted PVS 14 and a Dbal d-2 laser. About 3p this afternoon got a phone call from a farmer to come out and shoot some coyotes. Shortly after dark we roll out. If you read some past posts about this farm there is a thick CRP grass field the coyotes bed in, at this farm I've actually had coyotes within feet of me, but this CRP grass is so thick you can't see them. We'll tonight we focused in on a travel route between a pasture fence and the CRP field. I let my greeting run for about a minute. Here came one bouncing threw a hole in some woven wire fence. Soon as he hit the pasture field he sat down wonder where the sound was coming from. There was 3 of us.... Me, loggers inn jr, and my bud. Wanna talk about a 3 gun salute at once. The coyote jumped and cried around, don't ask me how, but it got threw the fence and in the CRP grass. He was hit pretty good, but no recovery, this CRP grass is so thick the FLIR ps32 wouldn't pick up his heat signature. Farmer was happy I was a lil down in the dumps. Might slip out 2morrow morning and check things out during the daylight hrs. Enjoy!

Hey Dusty took Sam out with me last night. Had a great time showing and explaining how these NV toys work. Had such a great time called 1 in on the first stand prolly 10 yards away......click..click. We forgot to load the chambers. That coyote made me look foolish. O'well had something to laff about. I'm sure you'll hear all about it

Thought I'd bring us back to the top since my fellow buckeyes have no stories. Loggers Inn Jr is in hot water with momma, grades are not up to expectation. 1 C is justifiable by me, but the poor lil fella has never missed the honor roll, so momma being a lil hard. Anyhow took my 8 yr old daughter out on an easy venture. I walked out bout 50-75 yards and set the call up and a gang started howling coming from a deep hollow bout 400 yards away I'm guessing. I no more than sat down and my daughter moved her seat over a lil closer and whispered dad was that the call or real coyotes. I bout cracked up. Yes....real coyotes. Had 1 come out and sit about 300-325 yards. I couldn't properly ID it so it lived another day

Had a bad shot on doe Saturday evening ( IDK what I did...just messed up), while tracking her a pack lit up roughly 150-200yds dead in front of us in direction she was heading. My heart sunk, I knew she was a goner. We looked for a couple more hours, blood dried up within 50 yds. It was so thick and trails going everywhere I never found her. But I can only assume that pack got her. Still love hearing them light up, gets me every time. Even better when you deep in a holler in the pitch dark.

No posts so I figure no Ohio luck. I've been out prolly 10 times so far this month with no shots fired. I'm leaving my productive spots, cause they are not so productive anymore.

I have seen 4 coyotes in past month while deer hunting. More than I have ever seen. One of them I shot. 2 weeks ago I saw one in same stand I shot first on in, started lip squeeking it in. Came to about 50-60 yds and lost interest. It was a beauty too, really red with dark black stripe all the way down back. Yesterday morning EARLY on a different farm I had one come under stand on edge of holler and hay field. Way to dark to see anything but could tell what it was by way it was moving and all the birds flipped out.

The farm I shot the first one on just recently is showing some serious sign too. The farm is made up of 4 bean fields with fence rows separating everything with big hollars on each end of it. The other day after hunting I got down to go pull card on camera and the edges of all the fields are littered with tracks and droppings. So, I need to get my hind end in gear and smoke a stud buck so I can get the calls back out.

Took jr on the youth deer hunt if there's no action by 830-900 I'll push a lil woods beside our hunting area to get the deer moving. Found this mess. Looked like a murder scene. Weather was about 20 degrees and the blood was not froze.

I was out calling coyotes other morning at 430am,had a bobcat come in and sit down and give the foxpro a stair down,was about 30yds from me.1st ive see and in my neck of the woods. Cool watching it,to bad we cant shot them,would make a sweet mount

Anybody been out? Waiting on all this deer hunting crap to get over so I can get out for some calling. Haven't been around in a while. How has everyone been? I know Bobby has been busy with his new little hunting partner! Lol

O'yea. We did have a new addition to the family. I remember him posting about that some time back. We've got 2 in the last 2 weeks. Called in a triple Friday and removed 1 from the population!

Glad to hear your putting the hammer on them!
I have texted Bobby a couple times and the little one is doing great. I am very happy for them. They went thru a lot for this little hunter. Lol. I'm guessing he already has some camo in his wardrobe.
Looks like we are getting a cool down this week. Going to try to get out a little since I am off till the 5th. But the Orange Army will be back out Friday. Which means there will be plenty of dead deer laying around for them to eat on for a little while

Back