Tired of Jewell trigger. What next?

I have one Jewell trigger on a custom bolt rifle. I'm not crazy about it. I mean, it's good enough but it just won't adjust as light as I want it to. It also seems to have a bit of creep feel to it, though it breaks clean. It's more of a spongy, springy feeling. Kind-of hard to describe. I had a gunsmith look at it and he too couldn't do much with it. Not sure if it's just that particular trigger or if it's common to all.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
I have one Jewell trigger on a custom bolt rifle. I'm not crazy about it. I mean, it's good enough but it just won't adjust as light as I want it to. It also seems to have a bit of creep feel to it, though it breaks clean. It's more of a spongy, springy feeling. Kind-of hard to describe. I had a gunsmith look at it and he too couldn't do much with it. Not sure if it's just that particular trigger or if it's common to all.

That's the opposite of the issue that I have with mine. I can't adjust the trigger heavy enough without it starting to get some creep into it. If you send it to Jewell they will overhaul everything and polish it up for a fee. They sent mine back at 8oz (even though I asked them to set it to 2lbs)and I couldn't get it much higher without the creep setting in. Apparently it's common from what I read, which will lead me elsewhere in the future.

I am no expert at all but I have had great success with the CMC drop in I installed last year. It is a 3.5lb pull single stage and I have run over 400 rounds with it and not a problem. Crisp break and fast reset it made a huge difference in the way my S&W MP15 handles and shoots. At this point I would buy another one if I had another AR and maybe I would would try the 2 stage flat trigger.

Originally Posted By: kyle crickenbergerHaving used just about every ar trigger out there, I would say that the ar gold is my favorite .

Reason?

I would go with the hi-speed or SD-E, no problems with mine. Hiperfire 24C rather than the SD3G for a 3gun or single stage.

Last edited:
Lance
I was a little disappointed in the American Gold myself. Cmc is cheaper and just as good to me. I still have the Gold in my DTech 25DTi but I will eventually go two stage most likely
I do have two of the new CMC 2-2 two stage drop in's that will be here by weeks end and should be able to give a report pretty quick on what they are like.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: venaticLance
I was a little disappointed in the American Gold myself. Cmc is cheaper and just as good to me. I still have the Gold in my DTech 25DTi but I will eventually go two stage most likely
I do have two of the new CMC 2-2 two stage drop in's that will be here by weeks end and should be able to give a report pretty quick on what they are like.
Saw those were due to be out soon. Please let me know what you think. I like my first stage around 2.5-3 lbs. I like the second stage a lb or less and crisp as glass with little to no over travel.

Geissele. Putting a Geissele in my M&P carbine really tightened up my groups and made it a tack driver, IMO.

Geissele SSA-E for 2 stage hands down. My Colt Competition CRP-18 came with one and that's what I'm converting my others over to.

For single state I've installed two JP triggers that are very, very nice. The JP does take a minute or 30 to get set up but it's outstanding. These are nice enough they are not getting replaced by Geisseles. All the RRA NM triggers are though.

Sendit

Back