Anyone heard of Windam rifles?

NdIndy

I have a couple 4 wheelers for sale/trade right now and have a guy wanting to trade a 'nice varmint ar'. I asked for more info and got

"National match build. Douglas full bull barrel 1/8 twist. Windam armory lower. Nickel boron bolt carrier. Could throw in optics if needed" and that's it.

Windam isn't a name I know and my usual pricing guide (gunbroker) has 0 listings. What little I've come across says $700 NIB rifle to me. Am I in the right ballpark?

Originally Posted By: dogtiredWindham was a spinoff of the Bushmaster Execs after Cerberus bought them. They know the product.

This. ....All reports I've heard about them thus far seem very positive.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyWindam isn't a name I know and my usual pricing guide (gunbroker) has 0 listings.

i find over 300 listings on gunbroker?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=*windham+

I took a Ruger Redhawk to a local gun shop to sell or trade for an AR. He tried to trade me a Windam AR, but the lower AND upper were polymer, I didn't bite.

Are they still making their stuff out of plastic? Their rifles are the only time I've ever seen or heard of a polymer upper.

I've had mine for about a year now. Fired a couple of thousand rounds through it with no complaints. It is not the polymer version.
001_zps0753d407.jpg

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: NdIndyWindam isn't a name I know and my usual pricing guide (gunbroker) has 0 listings.

i find over 300 listings on gunbroker?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=*windham+

I got exActly 0, but i looked for windam which is what he keeps sending me, not windham. Spelling might make a difference here
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: NdIndyWindam isn't a name I know and my usual pricing guide (gunbroker) has 0 listings. What little I've come across says $700 NIB rifle to me. Am I in the right ballpark?

The Windham, Bushmaster and DPMS guns are all very similar. Go to your local WalMart and you might get lucky to see all three guns in the store at one time. At least the WalMarts I know that are carrying the AR rifles have had them in stock.

Looks like it may turn into a non-issue. I'm still talking with the AR guy, I'm guessing we're at about $1200 in trade with a burris scope attached. It sounds like a fairly standard build on a windham lower so I was able to pull retail parts values on most of it. It is close enough to my bottom # on one of the bikes to play with for a bit and then turn it. But I have a guy supposed to show up tomorrow to buy both bikes so the trade may evaporate entirely.

Bought the Windham VEX (Varmint Exterminator)snow camo full length A2 stock and such $1400new. Threw a 3.5lb CMC trigger in it, topped it with a Nikon P223 3-9X40 It is a sub MOA gun, and thumps dogs all day long here in the west.

Work started buying them for us a couple of years ago, I got one of the first ones we got in and really like it. I'm thinking about getting a VEX myself this winter.

I HAVE A WINDHAM CARBON RIFLE & AFTER 500 ROUNDS HAVE HAD NOT ONE MISSFIRE OR PROBLEM FEEDING. IT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF WEAR BUT IT IS GUARANTEED FOR LIFE TO ORIGINAL OWNER. INSTALLED TIMNEY TRIGGER AT 3LBS. FACTORY TRIGGER WAS NOT GOOD. LIKES ABOUT ANY AMMO BELOW 3000 FPS. GOOD VALUE IN MY OPINION

Back