what light would you buy

brandan

So there seems to be a bigger selection of quality lights then I was aware of upon posting my original post. I already have 2 lights that I can use for scanning both are wicked lights one is the 250 and the other is a larger model that I purchased about 2 years ago possibly the 400. so the new light will definitely be mounted on my rifle. Keep in mind that I do a fair amount of walking so weight is a bit of an issue. My shots range anywhere form 20 to 200yds. So let me have it what would you get?

Since you already have Wicked Lights then the new W402zf is great.

The Sniper Hog Lights 66LR is very nice also and a little lighter.

I sell both of these also so feel free to contact me with your questions..

I got rid of all my wicked lights and got the Coyote light. I couldn't ask for a better light. Only thing better would be a night vision scope.

brandan,

Our F6-R gun light weighs only 7 ounces and will identify targets at 200+ yards. Our fox season just opened a few hours ago and I was fortunate to take two reds and one huge grey. Closest was 15 yards and the furthest was approx 125 yards. No trouble at all identifying it was a red prior to the shot at 150+ yards. Good luck with your decision there are a lot of good lights to choose from. If you should have any questions feel free to give us a call.

Joe

I recently purchased a Dereelight Nightmaster V2 .This light is crazy it throws a spot 300+,way farther than you can shoot at night,I ve owned most of the others (ex coyote light ) the nightmaster blows them away.

Just ask the candela of a light you want to purchase. Then do the math.if you want to know how far you can clearly see the animial use .60 in the math instead of .25

Example
25000 candela divided by .25 equals 100.000 take that number and get the square root. That will give you how many yards that light will go until it gets down to .25.
That answer will be 300.227 yards.

Here is a square root calculator you can use easly.

http://www.squarerootcalculator.co

I hope this information helps some.

Originally Posted By: BUCKWHEATJust ask the candela of a light you want to purchase. Then do the math.if you want to know how far you can clearly see the animial use .60 in the math instead of .25

Example
25000 candela divided by .25 equals 100.000 take that number and get the square root. That will give you how many yards that light will go until it gets down to .25.
That answer will be 300.227 yards.

Here is a square root calculator you can use easly.

http://www.squarerootcalculator.co

I hope this information helps some.

Good info. And not to nitpick (although we are talking about math here), but 25000 divided by .25 is 100 comma 000. Not 100 point 000 which you have shown above. It just threw me for a minute, so I just wanted to point (no pun intended) it out.

Regards,

G.
Mathematician

Insomniac100
Thanks for the information that it should be a comma. Sorry about that teacher. Lol There is just too many people trying to explain how good a light is with out any real numbers.
Every light seller should give out the candela of there light. If not I would wonder why?

Mathematician

Originally Posted By: BUCKWHEATInsomniac100
Thanks for the information that it should be a comma. Sorry about that teacher. Lol There is just too many people trying to explain how good a light is with out any real numbers.
Every light seller should give out the candela of there light. If not I would wonder why?

100 percent agreed. And I appreciate you sharing that formula. I had never seen it before, and I am glad to have that "rule of thumb". Certainly something to consider when light shopping.

Regards,

G.

Back