Rem model 7 204 Ruger range report

2muchgun

This gun shot exceptionally weel IMHO, for what it is. I have never owned a gun with a barrel so thin. I put three shots touching each other 1/2" high at 1ooyds with Hornady 32gr V-max, which is exactly where I had left it sighted in at. This gun has a Bushnell Elite firefly 3-9x40 on it, mounted in Talley one-piece base and rings. At 200yds, the groups were about 11/2" with 32gr V-max's OR 34gr Win JHP's. There was really no noticeable change in impact between the two loads. I would feel totally comfortable hunting with either right now. I even let the barrel get fairly hot. I must say, as most of you already know, I'm not a big Remington fan, but this little gun impressed me. Even the trigger was easily adjusted down to 2.5lbs. Hope none of my close friends read this, I will never hear the end of it. Actually, I've never had a problem with Rem varmint rifles, it's the bigger calibers that I won't buy from Remington--2MG

OH NO!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
You had to go and do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I just finished buying my second Model Seven - this one in 7mm-08 and the other is .223. I thought I was done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I didn't know they made the Model Seven in .204 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ..... Now I'm gonna have to start saving for another..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

DON'T ever give such a good report on my favorite rifle in a caliber that I've been thinking about again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

me!

Me--sorry about the good report! Actually, as far as I know, the model 7 is still not available in 204 yet. I managed to get my hands on 1 of 500 that were made in a special run and all sent to the same distributor. Should'nt be long though--2MG

You say that you let the barrell get "fairly hot". Did groups open up much? That just looks like a cool rig...I'm envious! Let us know how it shoots under different conditions.

Thanks, Bayou City Boy!

Big Al -

My Model Seven in .223 shoots to the same point regardless of hot or cold barrel; groups do not open at all. I have glass bedded the action and free-floated the barrel.

The groups do experience consderable expansion as coffee and/or pseudaphed are applied to the shooter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Me! I've been lusting after these since they came out...going to have to put in some extra hours to save up. Maybe fur prices will be better this year and it'll pay for itself! (Hey, a hunter can dream right?)

I know exactly what you mean.....
I lusted after a Model Seven for 15 years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mine is as BCB described. Matte blue/synthetic. I painted the stock. The groups reported were with the barrel fairly hot, but not blazing. The new Limbsaver recoil pad is also nice, but I could think of a lot of other rifles I'd rather have it on. There is a post in "varmint hunting" I think where Gobblraddict showed a picture of his with some dead ground hogs. He bought his from the same place in Missouri. The name escapes me right now--2MG

O-o-o-o-oh..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I just had to go and look..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I'm feeling lustful again..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

My gun came from Zander's in Illinois...Remington's website shows a special run of .204's in the Mod.7 for 2004...I checked yesterday on Zander's website, and they still have a few...Get someone with a FFL who buys from Zander's, they'll fix you right up...gobblr addict

I actually live in Illinois - about 15 miles northeast of St. Louis' Gateway Arch in Edwardsville. (Nice little university town!) Do you have a website address for Zander's?

Back