any maryland guys left on this site?

MD, CT, and some other states are like TN ... mostly deer hunters. Not too many guys are chasing coyotes around here, either.

yeah we don't really have enough coyotes to call in any consistent fashion, but tons of reds and in most parts of the state greys as well. I sure don't mind chooting them all
thumbup.gif

I will be cranking it up soon!!! Not too many coyo-tays in my neck of the woods but there are a few...plenty of gray fox.

ill be out again this year hopefully with a lot more sucess since im not working 3rd shift anymore....would love to find someone to hunt with in my area

hello I'm new to the site but not to hunting . from the west end of Maryland we have some yotes here but more fox I just got a ecall to try out never owned one and always wanted to I have hunted a few times through the years but never on my own my son got his hunting licence this year so I got us a call to try and since fox season came in I'm ready to give it a try.

I don't know many fellas up this way to hunt with either .
and I'm just hoping the call don't have the boy crawling in my back pocket with the squalling in the dark lol.

Scott

Not from MD, but across the road in lower slower DE. Our farm lease just put up new chicken houses and has fox permits from the state, last year we slaughtered the reds and this year has been a boom year to.

I have not hunted as I have some guys coming to the shore to film some reds and want the farms I have to be pristine. but if I can find a few more locations to call We will have a great couple nights. On a side note always looking for a calling partner in my neck of the woods if any of you boys are down for some long nights

I am out in western MD. Trying to get back into it after a couple of years off after a divorce and all that crap. But have been talking with buddies and they say the dogs are around and I have a couple of blurry trail cam pics.

Reaper, I will never understand why people save their farms for some out-of-towners, that when they are done with your farms will go to the next persons property and on and on. They must be special.

well the farms I hunt have never seemed to be hunted out and we kill on them week after week so im not really concerned with bringing some other guys out to have some fun. its all about having fun and the camaraderie for me. and I don't just take anyone to my little honey holes but this gentlemen in particular has given me some great knowledge and take some time he didn't have to to talk with me and it has made me a better hunter for it. I hope I don't have to ull the trigger once and they get to stack up quite a few fox. Btw I happen to be a big fan of his products and would love to see a ''pro'' using them

I'm not far from Maryland myself. Just a few miles down the road from my place. Some of the land in Maryland looks really prime. I need to do some scouting and talking to land owners before dropping money into a non resident license.

Quote:Originally Posted By: odgreenNot from MD, but across the road in lower slower DE. Our farm lease just put up new chicken houses and has fox permits from the state, last year we slaughtered the reds and this year has been a boom year to.

Hey Odgreen,

How's the fox hunting in Sussex County (Slower Lower)? In process of moving there if house ever sells! Is it easy to get permission on private farms? DE season starts later and ends later than MD, I like that. Can you use E-callers in DE?

Hogin 204 it can be hit or miss, the best way hopefully will be thru your new job as the good ole boy crowd is tuff to break into, and thats how i got in was thru co workers. As per denrec we can only use what firearms that is legel during deer season but after and in between seasons we can use up to a 25cal centerfire. This year they accually opened yote season from now till i think Feb, and yes we can use E-callers but no night hunting. We hunt in the Greenwood/Bridgeville area

Back