2nd stand

yoteslayer77

of the 2014-2015 season. For whatever reason I have been extremely lucky so far this year. 2 stands called 2 coyotes down. On my second stand of the year I called in this male. Started with lightning jack the first 12 minutes of the stand then turned the call off for a couple minutes. I then switched the call to Coyote Pup Screams #3 also cranking the volume up. Around 20 Minutes in the stand here he comes down wind of the call. Text book. Wind was around 5 mph Busted him @ 127 Yards. Gun used Rem 700 LVSF 22-250 40 gn. Vmaxs shooting around 4100 fps. I am going to have to switch bullets if I am going to want and try to save some fur. Thanks for checking out my picture.

thumbup1.gif

Congrats on a great season starter !

I'm shooting the 40gr. V-max in my 204 with no exit so far.

22/250 : 50gr V-max 36gr
IMR 4064 : I copied this load for my son. One of the guys on here said it was a great fur friendly load for his 22/250. I hope it helps you.

Yoteslayer,
Is that an EXIT hole or an ENTRY hole? I've seen holes like that on deer from people using high velocity light weight bullets that blew up on the way in without very deep penetration. Just curious.

i use the 53 gn vmax they dont tear up the hide like the 40 gn do but still dont have a excite hole with enough weight to drop them in there tracks at long range

Back