3" or 3.5"?

Either works. I would go with whichever one you are most comfortable with. The bigger shells put more shot in the air which statistically could result in a better hit ratio, but they don't give you anymore range or power. I knock down plenty of predators with 3in #4 buckshot. Main thing is to find the right choke that your gun/load likes.

Will the same choke tubes pattern the same between the two shotguns? as one is SBEII and the other is a M4? Is there a certain choke that works better in the benelli's shotguns than others?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wysongdogWill the same choke tubes pattern the same between the two shotguns? as one is SBEII and the other is a M4? Is there a certain choke that works better in the benelli's shotguns than others?

That is something that can't be predicted, you'll have to hit the pattern board.

Chupa

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=777351

Chupa is absolutely right. You have to pattern your gun/load/choke to know what it's going to do and to verify point of aim point of impact. I read through the link above to better understand what to do and how it works. I was even able to find a couple of load choke combos for my shotgun to start with. Good luck to you and shot gunning coyotes is pure adrenaline!

every gun likes different choke tubes but I have found that my
Benelli and Remington of my dads both really like the Indian Creek choke tube call Mike at Indian Creek shooting systems and he could answer your question on what would work best in your gun from his experience.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: wysongdogWill the same choke tubes pattern the same between the two shotguns? as one is SBEII and the other is a M4? Is there a certain choke that works better in the benelli's shotguns than others?

That is something that can't be predicted, you'll have to hit the pattern board.

Chupa

Man did Chupa hit it out of the park! Shotguns are like a box of chocolates.....

I have seen two identical shotguns, shooting identical loads, pattern completely differently. Some pattern to the left, some to the right, some spread vertically, some horizontally. Some shotguns just do not like certain chokes, chokes don't like certain loads, etc...

Range time.

Originally Posted By: wysongdogOh dang another reason to spend time at the range lol!! Sounds like a good problem to have:)

It's a dirty job, but...

Yep, finding the optimum choke/load combination can get spendy...but it sure is a lot of fun. And at the end you have an exceptionally reliable killer.

Chupa

i have killed a lot of coyotes with 2/3/4in.mags with copper plated bb's,i just liked the speed and energy over a little extra shot.i am sure 33's and 3.5's will work great just depends how much you want to spend on shells.in my gun a modified choke worked great.

I'm the farthest guy around here from being a shotgun guy:) so this should be a challenge. I know the m4 has a shorter barrel and the factory collapse able stock so it'll be quicker handling for me and a touch easier to pack to the stand with me along with my 6mm dti, packing two guns to the stand has always been a pain so I haven't done it much

I just started and now I sling the rifle and carry the shotgun in my hand. If you do surprise anything you have your quick reacting gun in hand. On one of my trips out instead of calling anything in I put 2 yotes up as I was walking in to set up a stand. Could of shot them on the way by me and had a double. Instead I only got a single with the rifle. I've been carrying the shotgun since then.

Back