First Alberta fur for the season

Kale

Buddy and I made our first trip up to the honey hole this season.

14 dogs down in 2 1/2 days of calling. Should have had a few more down but misses happen haha

Equipment used-- foxpro cs24b

Tikka T3 varmint .204. 40gr Bergers, vortex viper hs LR 4x16 44mm

Rem 700 sps varmint .243 69gr Bergers, vortex viper pst 6x24 44mm

Couple pics

2437d06952acbf98ac70fac9c12ee4a0.jpg

7b165373151b858f4d8a246ad77527b0.jpg

a4953126aa49f9406dad9fb0adbea280.jpg

Took my 12 year old cousin out for a stand in the evening. Called in a triple and he knocked down 2 of them and my buddy killed the other as it stopped for one last look at 300 yards.
483e0aaf2d403843ae1cd86c0539052c.jpg

Originally Posted By: Doc25Good going. How is the fur damage with the bergers?
I have shot both the 40's and the 35's for coyotes and they both work well. I will be going back to the 35's though for saving fur. With the 40's I get more exits then I would like. 35's they look like they died of a heart attack.

Originally Posted By: titch--Nice haul.

Just wondering how the fur is so far? Im itching to get out over here myself (regina).

cheers

Seems to be good. Fur buyer was happy

Wow! you killed more in 2.5 days than I will in a month! Thats an awesome honey hole! Good shootin! And it is awesome you took a 12 year old! Pat him on the head!

Good job!!
thumbup.gif
i love calling those fields with bales still out in them.

I'm just back from a month away. The buggers got one my wife's pet ducks yesterday and came back for another today. Won't be surprised if he doesn't see another sunrise. She has given the order to "Kill'em all"

I start getting serious next week. Hope the fur is good by then.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogGood job!!
thumbup.gif
i love calling those fields with bales still out in them.

I'm just back from a month away. The buggers got one my wife's pet ducks yesterday and came back for another today. Won't be surprised if he doesn't see another sunrise. She has given the order to "Kill'em all"

I start getting serious next week. Hope the fur is good by then.

Haha yep, love when I see bales in the fields. So many places to set up and it almost always guarantees a dog or 2!!

Lots of coyotes around this year, haven't went after them yet, but sure saw a lot when goose hunting the last few weeks. Be another week or two until I get after them.

Back