Some coyote mods to the Otter Sled

bobalong

With all the snow we have been having the last couple of years, decided to mount something into the ice fishing sled to hold my gun and gear. Pretty simple really just a couple of J hooks with bungees. Already had other hooks on top to hold other gear, equipment bag,decoy,chair and dead coyotes.

Not really looking to hunt out off the snowmobile just need it to back into some of my favourite spots. Almost 3+ feet of snow in some spots last year, but if the snow comes like that this year, I will still be there. After we get a bit of snow I am going to run some tracks for the coyotes to follow, right to my setup.

Once the general season for deer etc. opens here on Nov 1, I am sure the coyotes will get thinned out a bit, but right now I have never seen so many coyotes in the area I hunt. We were sitting on a big hill in the area spotting geese a couple of weeks ago and when the sun was almost down we had coyotes calling around us.

Last edited:
How wide is that sled? Will it fit inside your snowshoe trail?
Yesterday was the first time I even pulled out a caribou on a sled. I was very impressed. It was just a cheap 30$ plastic 6' long one. But we put a whole bull on it and it slid along slick as anything. Definatly something I'm taking with me next time

Back