aggressive coyote

javelinbill

just how aggressive are coyotes?? i live in n.c and knew they were here. but yesterday i was working on a deer stand and my dog came through the woods wide open with a coyote right on her tail.. i started clapping my hands and hollering and my dog came to me and the coyote kept going.. biggest one i ever saw.. its gotta go.

Sounds like you have the "makings" of a decoy dog there.
wink.gif

Good thing your dog came to you or she might have become dinner.

Regards,
hm

First, welcome to PM. Second, coyotes are aggressive when it is time for them to eat or defend their territory. They can and will take down a full sized deer and family pets have little chance of survival. They also see your dog as a threat to them so they want to defend their self and their territory. Your dog is very lucky as coyotes are natural born killers. They only have a few predatory threats; ie man, wolf, and mountain lion. Probably not too many wolves or mountain lions in NC so the only threat they have will be man where you live. If you do not predator hunt yourself find someone near you who does. It won't be hard to find someone to help you hunt them. You have found a very informative web site about any and all types of animals so read and learn as much as you can. Their home range can depend on food source so they may be close by one day and gone the next. You may also have more than one in the area. Take up the sport and don't look back. You will enjoy it.

Coyotes are not only aggressive but greedy manipulators as well...They will steal your wallet and then help you look for it...

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Coyotes are not only aggressive but greedy manipulators as well...They will steal your wallet and then help you look for it... isn't that the truth
thumbup1.gif

We talking 4 or 2 legs here??

To the OP -- you may get a shot at him from from your stand if you pay attention to movement -- Good Luck---

Thx

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Coyotes are not only aggressive but greedy manipulators as well...They will steal your wallet and then help you look for it...
Right on.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Coyotes are not only aggressive but greedy manipulators as well...They will steal your wallet and then help you look for it...

LOL That's a classic!!

Back