NIKON MONARCH 3 OR VORTEX VIPER HS HELP?

I call BULL on this entire story with Vortex. Want to know how I know that you made this story up? Vortex does NOT have ANY registration for their products. That's the point behind their NO BS warranty because they honor replacements no matter what or who owns the scope. Nice try though.

See for yourself
http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/vip_warranty

And if you deliberately damage a scope from abuse, no company is going to replace it. I don't care what the warranty is.

Originally Posted By: captninsanoI tend to bounce around on scopes a lot but i do currently have 3 nikons mounted up and i consider them the more dependable of the ones i have. I have the monarch3 4-16x50 and i choose it over the different ones offered by vortex because of the quality and the features. It has the bdc reticle, which i personally like a lot and i have used the app to help get me on target out to 500yards. It wasnt perfect, but it got me there in a couple shots.

I have never had any problems with nikons. My dad had bought a couple from ebay, against my advice, and they turned out to duds. Even with three x''s on the serial number, nikon replaced them, one with same model, another was a small upgrade, free of charge very quickly.

When i broke a coworkers vortex hst 4-16 with the recoil from my 458socom, vortex at first did not want to honor the warranty. They claimed rifle recoil could not/would not break their scopes. After about 3weeks of bickering they agreed to look at it, so he sent it in and they claimed he abused the scope so they would not cover it. When he told them fine, he wanted the scope back so he could document his case and dissemble it for a post on snipers hide, they quickly changed their tune and replaced the scope. It took him 18 weeks in all to get the scope replaced. The scope he got back was a refurb that he could not register on their website even though he was told thats what he had to do. He sold the scope as soon as he got it back and upgraded to a nightforce.

Last edited:
fat%20belly%20woman.gif

so, what price point are you looking at? I generally decide how much I can spend & then narrow down my options to what's available in that range.

Back