Predator Hunting With Air Gun ???

I have gone through a number of high quality springers up to $1200 each and then equipped with airgun/rimfire rated scopes. Even special dampening scope rings/mounts.
Springers do best with consistency from pellet seating to shooting hold.
Stepping up to pcp frees you from most of those requirements but takes a little more investment in air storage/filling equipment.
It is worth every penny to me if you can swing it. The freedom, accuracy and follow up.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I have gone through a number of high quality springers up to $1200 each and then equipped with airgun/rimfire rated scopes. Even special dampening scope rings/mounts.
Springers do best with consistency from pellet seating to shooting hold.
Stepping up to pcp frees you from most of those requirements but takes a little more investment in air storage/filling equipment.
It is worth every penny to me if you can swing it. The freedom, accuracy and follow up.

I really was impressed by the PCP's. My first was the Marauder. The accuracy was great, it was just a bit big. I have now bought the Condor SS. Nice and quiet, very accurate. The only drawback to the Condor is that it is a single shot and the size of the air tank makes it quite interesting to try and fill. I went with an FX 3 stage hand pump rather than a tank. But it took almost 45 minutes to pump up the Condor's tank the first time. Since then it doesn't take much to top off while shooting and I can get more shots before I have to refill than I could with my Marauder.

It was pretty neat watching me miss the first fox that I took a shot at and missed. The fox trotted off no faster than it was coming in. It didn't like the sound but wasn't scared by it either. It trotted off and climbed on a log to look and my partner let loose on him with the shotgun.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762 Never really considered it until Chupa mentioned legal suppression without a stamp..

I wouldn't listen to anything that guy has to say. He's a couple bricks short of a picnic. He's like a screen door on a submarine because he gets the leaves out of Dodge.

Chupa

I wouldn't listen to that either...cause although it's technically true, it's poorly worded.

I believe, as long as the air rifle is BUILT with an integral suppressor then it's ok because it CAN'T be used on a firearm. But if you build or buy ANY device that COULD suppress an actual firearm...then you're breaking the law unless you go through the ATF.

Just because Air Rifles don't fall under the jurisdiction of the ATF, doesn't mean that the suppressors don't.
You're not just going to be able to buy or build a suppressor for your Air Rifle, free and clear. You're going to have to be EXTRA careful in how you do it.

And just to stick with the topic at hand. I got to see a rifle just like this while visiting some museums in NYC back in college.
The air rifles we used as kids weren't the start...they were a petered down sissy version from 200 years ago lol.

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762 Never really considered it until Chupa mentioned legal suppression without a stamp..

I wouldn't listen to anything that guy has to say. He's a couple bricks short of a picnic. He's like a screen door on a submarine because he gets the leaves out of Dodge.

Chupa

I wouldn't listen to that either...cause although it's technically true, it's poorly worded.

I believe, as long as the air rifle is BUILT with an integral suppressor then it's ok because it CAN'T be used on a firearm. But if you build or buy ANY device that COULD suppress an actual firearm...then you're breaking the law unless you go through the ATF.

Just because Air Rifles don't fall under the jurisdiction of the ATF, doesn't mean that the suppressors don't.
You're not just going to be able to buy or build a suppressor for your Air Rifle, free and clear. You're going to have to be EXTRA careful in how you do it.

And just to stick with the topic at hand. I got to see a rifle just like this while visiting some museums in NYC back in college.
The air rifles we used as kids weren't the start...they were a petered down sissy version from 200 years ago lol.

I see what you're saying. Yeah, I should have said that some models are integrally suppressed legally and you need no tax stamp to own them. Sometimes I clip my responses too short, it's a result of typing on my phone.

Chupa

Back