SKUNKS

igor

Crazy motherinlaw is feeding skunks out at the farmhouse, really.
First question, will a coyote eat a skunk. Next question, is there any chance a coyote will come to some kind of skunk call? I can already here the snickering but I'm serious.

I killed about 150 here on our place last fall/winter. I think the only thing that touched the carcasses was buzzards. They kinda peeled them and left the pelts inside out.

Skunks are notorious for being carriers of rabies and other bad things. So tell your MIL that she is asking for trouble. Ask any veterinarian. Buzzards and great horned owls are the only thing that will bother with a skunk.

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesSkunks are notorious for being carriers of rabies and other bad things. So tell your MIL that she is asking for trouble.

True! Tell her to buy some bird feeders and feed the birds. The LAST thing you want foraging for food near your residence is a bunch of skunks.

I've killed many a coyote that smelled of skunk, don't know if they got sprayed trying to eat them though. Skunks around here are high value targets of opportunity not to be passed up.

Chupa

I kill a lot of coyotes that smell like skunk. Like Chupa, I'm not sure what that means but a high percentage of coyotes smell like skunk to me.

Badgers will eat a skunk.

I got one that makes frequent visits at night to my backyard. Sneaky dude digs under the fence. But he's gone every morning

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: igorThanks for the response. I was wide open for this forums notorious sense of humor.
Just wait for it...probably still coming.

I would be too tempted to put the food under my mother in laws house then close the door behind him
thumbup.gif

all I can tell you is do not I repeat DO NOT let anyone talk you into shooting in the head it won't spray trick on the front porch. I was even close enough the skunk got powder burn lol.

Back