Move Along, Nothing To See Here

azmastablasta

ID? Who needs a stinkin ID when you can rig the machines? Heh, Heh, just an isolated incidence, right?

Monday, October 20, 2014
Cook County Voting Machine Miscasts Candidate's Vote

SCHAUMBURG, IL – Admitting his confidence in Cook County ballot integrity is shaken, State Representative Candidate Jim Moynihan (R-56), was shocked today when he tried to cast a vote for himself and the voting machine cast it for his opponent instead.

“While early voting at the Schaumburg Public Library today, I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” said Moynihan. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat."

While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race. It is unknown if the machine in question (#008958) has been removed from service or is still in operation.

“Clearly, I am concerned that citizens will be unable to vote for the candidate of their choice, especially if they are in a hurry and do not double check their ballot,” added Moynihan. “I cannot say whether or not this was intentional, but Cook County voters deserve better and should not have their right to vote suppressed.”

The 56th District covers portions of Schaumburg, Bartlett, Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, Hanover Park, Palatine, Rolling Meadows, and Roselle.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illino...dates-vote.html

Ahhh, Illinois, the home of hope and change!
Hope TO change election outcomes, that is.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: seeknulfindEver wonder why these machines never err to the right?

Nope!
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

Back