Cross Breeds

Readytohunt123

Any one here have experience crossing jagdterriers with mountain curs? If so, how do the pups tend to come out, do they seem to receive certain traits from each parent or is it pretty hit and miss? What do you use these dogs for and how versatile can they be?

I'd think that would be a good cross. Especially if you're looking for grit.

I have a Cur that has a little Plott and a tich of Red Bone in her.
She catches Cat and Coon pretty well.

She's weird though. Loves to ride in a boat but she's the only dog I've ever owned that won't swim.
crazy.gif

That's how she is. Wading's fine but no amount of coaxing or watching the other dogs fetch stix out in the deep water can get her in much past her belly.
Dog's are weird.

I had a jagd/mt cur cross. Dixie was good one.

I've got some jagd/staghound pups that I'm really looking forward to working with. It was a feat making the cross with a 15lb dog to a 70lb gyp, but will be worth it. lol

Tony

When mine's not chasing cats and catching turtles, she goes real hard to coyotes and brings them back. Any that run off she goes back after them. She doesn't do a lot of that going out a few yards and "reading" the coyote to see what it might do as I have seen some do. When I shoot she starts looking to see where she needs to be. She doesn't run to the truck ready to go to the next one! She will track and find a cripple. She's will get all over a live one and bark at a dead one. She's a little hyper but she loves what she does. They get in her a$s and she gives it right back.

Back