reloaded shot shells for yotes

Jimeswa

I have no doubt this has been visited before but I'm asking it anyway cause I'm just now getting into shot shell reloading. Anyone have a 2 3/4" 12 or 20 gauge shot shell load they would like to share or recommend for yotes? I have a 13 year old little feller that wants to give it a shot with a scatter gun.

You will spend more reloading, than you will just buying a few boxes of #4 buck. Buy a Lyman shot shell manual, and do some reading. You will need to follow the exact case, wad, primer, and powder charge to a T, or you can get in trouble QUICK. Lead shot has gotten terribly high.

contact this guy on reloading fantdl hes a member here

Originally Posted By: JimeswaI have no doubt this has been visited before but I'm asking it anyway cause I'm just now getting into shot shell reloading. Anyone have a 2 3/4" 12 or 20 gauge shot shell load they would like to share or recommend for yotes? I have a 13 year old little feller that wants to give it a shot with a scatter gun.

Originally Posted By: ninehorsesYou will need to follow the exact case, wad, primer, and powder charge to a T, or you can get in trouble QUICK.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Over the years I have seen people go into shotshell reloading with the attitude that "It's just a shotshell" and you can throw most anything in a hull and get it to go boom. Take my word for it, there have been way more shotguns destroyed by bad reloads than there have been rifles. Anyone reloading shotshells needs to take the same exacting approach as they would for metallic reloading.

20 gauge 4 buck is tough to find, both Remington and Federal make loads with 3 buck, 20 pellets per load in the 2 3/4 inch, just not worth the time or money to reload this stuff.

Last edited:
Back