22-243 middlested

1234a

I ordered a.22-243 win barrel for my dpms lr308, I got the barrel and did a.chamber cast and the chamber has a steeper shoulder angle and longer neck, gunsmiths claims its a.stamdard 22-243 but its not, If I figure out how to post a picture of the chamber cast do you gjys think you could tell me what it is, originally all I wanted was to take 243 cases and neck them down to .224 and clean up the necks, ie a 22-243 win with no other changes and this has turned into a giant fiasco. I think the chamber is a 22-243 middlested but not sure

This all from reading but I believe a middlestead has a 30 degree shoulder, an ackley has a 40 degree shoulder and a 22-6mm might have a longer neck. But this is only from reading. You might look up case dimensions online.

The Middlestead will have a steeper (30°) shoulder angle and longer neck. Both being good things IMO. Body dimensions remain same. 22-243 Win is 20°.

I'm assuming you do not want to fireform cases. If you use 22-243 Win dies for a Middlestead, you fireform. If you use 22-243 Middlestead dies, you merely trim the brass.

I guess you really need to find out what you have.......

Back