Ttsx horror story

NdIndy

Well not for me.

20141013_182319_zpsalgjei2p.jpg

Pushing the ear against the horn for height reference. Goats are hard to judge, pretty decent set on this one. In the field usually look for cutters at or above the ears.
20141013_190807_zpsytqujcsz.jpg

I still cant figure out how this bullet does what it does. 100gr 25-06 at nothing special speeds. About 400 yards, destroyed both front shoulders, i can put 3 fingers easily through both sides of the rib cage, and exit hole i cant push the tip of my index finger through, roughly 25 caliber. The exit should be huge but every animal from goat to elk, teeny tiny exit.

Hes quite a bit bigger than my wall hanger now so off to the taxi he goes.
20140406_172135_zpshrohyu2g.jpg

Yup same results here, big entry holes, damage/destroyed shoulder and a pencil exit hole & dropped on the ground game.

Iv only shot one deer with the ttsx out of my 243. and I had the same results. front shoulder blown up went through the top of the heart dislodged it completely bottom of both longs gone and sat him on his butt(he was quartered to me)never moved again! that's a real nice goat. congrats

I have killed a bunch of deer and a couple of antelope, with
TTSXs, and all have been impressive hits. Last year I had
one of those events where no matter my skill level, the hits
were marginal...And without the exceptional damage of the
TTSX, the buck may not have been recovered. The buck:

This year on the WY antelope hunt, the new FN made Win M70,
300 WSM, launching a 130 gr. TTSX, did a bang flop, high
shoulder shot, in a 20 mph cross wind, at 220 yds. A .30 Cal
hole going in, and about a 2" exit hole, with bone shards
hanging out, on the far side. The antelope:

I don't load any cup and core bullets, for medium/big game
hunting ammo anymore. TTSXs in several 6mms, one 25 cal,
a couple of 6.8s, and a number of various 30 cal cartridges,
and all have had impressive on game results.

Squeeze

Very nice goat.

Classic Barnes performance.

I've been using them since 1992, and even use them in my Hornet for coyotes. The very first elk I shot with them, in 1992, was a mature cow slightly 1/4ing towards me at about 175yds, 140gr X in 270. Hit her behind the left shoulder and she went about 7-8 steps and down. As I get up to her, I see white stuff hanging out of her right hip area, so I thought she might be diseased. Instead, that was the exit and the white stuff was a plug of fat the Barnes took out of her.

Great bullets.

This is good to know, I recently set my dad up with a new scope and some of these TTSX as a Birthday gift for an upcoming elk hunt.

He was skeptical after being faithful to the core lokt for many many years. We shall see!

Thanks for your reassuring post.
Calvin

Nice pronghorn there Indy.

My wife shoots 100 grain TSXs in her .257 Roberts with pretty much identical results. I'm a fan of that bullet in that caliber.

Beauty!!

That is quite the horror for any pronghorn
wink.gif
Well done!

This will be my first year using any type of Barnes all copper bullet, and considering the test media...the buck I shoot with this round is in for much the same horror
smile.gif

I can't wait to try some 70gr TSX loads in my 16" AR-15 carbine. Going back to SC in March for a wild hog hunt on public ground. I've read the 70gr TSX is the ultimate hog smacker in the 5.56 rifles.

Thanks all, he scored around 70, not a record animal but after curling him for a quarter mile to save the cape he felt like an elk
laugh.gif
i donated the meat to a family that can use it more than me.

I have some carnage pics if you want
smile.gif
. Im guessing most here wouldnt be squeemish but you never know.

He went to the taxi today, as he was skinning him large bones were hitting the ground. It had actually pulled bones out of the body and were being held between the muscle and skin. Both shoulders were destroyed. I dont have a large frame of reference, this is the 2nd animal ive ever f"d up my shot and didnt take only the vitals, but the damage was amazing. No one that saw it believes it was a little 100gr'er at a quarter mile. But just a teeny tiny exit in the skin. I love this bullet. Ice tried in both 25 and 30 cal and its been great every time. Hopefully i can find somewhere to elk hunt this year and try it's 35 cal big brother.

Nice going on the antelope. Good looking horns for sure.

I haven't used the TTSX, but the TSX has become my favorite bullet for deer and antelope. It has been an exceptional performer for me, with great accuracy in three different rifles and calibers, and consistent drop-dead performance unlike any other bullet I have ever used.

Here is a video I took in Wyoming in 2010 that shows some of the performance of the TSX. The first antelope that dropped in the video was taken at 360 yards with a 168 gr. TSX from a 300 Remington Ultra Mag. The mule deer that dropped was with a 7mm STW and a 140 gr. TSX. Those two shots indicate the norm for my experience with them.

Here is another video taken in 2011. The antelope was taken at 187 yards with the STW and 140 gr. TSX.

Just for added information, VicFox from Australia hunted with me in the last video and took several nice antelope and a mule deer, all with the same load. All animals dropped on the spot.

We also hunted with Tony Tebbe and Gunner in New Mexico, and then on to Arizona with Brian Brooks and Randy Beecroft for some more coyote hunting.

I have my son shoot the 80 gr ttsx is his 243 that way if it isn't a perfectly placed shot it will still put the deer down and it is recovered. Due to the massive internal injury they cause. After all he is 11 and gets excited just like rest of us or maybe more so. Lol

Yesterday this coyote found out that coyotes shouldn't stop running and look back at a guy shooting a 260 Rem with Barnes 120 gr TTSX bullets.

007-5.jpg

I didn't see the entrance hole and the exit hole was about 1-1/2".

This coming Tuesday the 2 nd season on caribou opens in Unit 13 . I have some 120 gr TTSX loaded and was thinking about using them in my 6.5 Creedmoor. . Maybe I'll hit the range in omorrow afternoon to see how they shoot. Its been 2 years since I loaded them. I forget their drop.

130 TTSX from my Titanium 700 30/06, 80 TTSX and 80 GMX from my .243 Win have been great on deer. The 80gr mono's take penetration to another level with the .243 win. I'm running them with 4350 @ around 3300fps

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Nice going on the antelope. Good looking horns for sure.

I haven't used the TTSX, but the TSX has become my favorite bullet for deer and antelope. It has been an exceptional performer for me, with great accuracy in three different rifles and calibers, and consistent drop-dead performance unlike any other bullet I have ever used.

Here is a video I took in Wyoming in 2010 that shows some of the performance of the TSX. The first antelope that dropped in the video was taken at 360 yards with a 168 gr. TSX from a 300 Remington Ultra Mag. The mule deer that dropped was with a 7mm STW and a 140 gr. TSX. Those two shots indicate the norm for my experience with them.

Here is another video taken in 2011. The antelope was taken at 187 yards with the STW and 140 gr. TSX.

Just for added information, VicFox from Australia hunted with me in the last video and took several nice antelope and a mule deer, all with the same load. All animals dropped on the spot.

We also hunted with Tony Tebbe and Gunner in New Mexico, and then on to Arizona with Brian Brooks and Randy Beecroft for some more coyote hunting.

What are the specs on your rifles you are hunting with? Nice videos btw.

Back