First set of the season, called in 7!

wjh131

Called in 7! Took a friend with me out for his first ever coyote hunt. We were set up along a brush pile, had the mojo out in front of us at about 50 yards, and the foxpro scorpion set on a fencepost at about 15 yards. Howled 3 times and had a pack answer right away, then went right to pup in distress. At 2:42 on the caller, we had 4 show up, one to the left, 3 to the right all within 40 yards of us. We got 2 of em. Kinda happened quick, so we kept calling. Had one more show up right at the mojo, but missed him. Kept calling and had one come through the grass right beside me at 10 yards. Missed him! Too close! Kept calling and another came almost down the same path! But I din't make that mistake twice! Managed 3 altogether. Coulda shot better, shoulda had 5. Awesome hunt!

Is your camera broken?
smile.gif

Thats one way to get somebody hooked. Congrats! Reminds me of the time I took a buddy fishing down at the cabin for his first saltwater fishing experience and he hooked in to (6) nice Redfish one after another. He was hooked and pretty much ruined for the freshwater fishing he was used to.

Last edited:
Back