Anyone make a Left-Handed 17 Hornet??? besides Savage??

littletoes

I'd love to get a CZ in .17 Hornet, but it turns out they are not planning to make any in Left Hand.....and I'm sorry to any of the Savage guys but I just don't like the looks of the 25. Hey, we can't all like the same thing!.... but Savage does a great job of providing Left-Handed rifles.

Ruger's 17 looks good, but again no lefties.

Am I missing anyone? I haven't even considered Remington or Winchester, they don't care much about lefties, and I think they are waiting to see if the caliber takes off.....so I wait.

I am a lefty and I own a couple since there isn't a lot of em around. I found that shooting a right handed rifle easier to shoot than a lefty. I can work the bolt with my right hand and and get my 2nd shot off faster than I can with my left handed rifles.

Last edited:
I've shot right-handed for years, then my Wife bought me my first left-handed rifle, and I've never gone back since then. I've since gotten into competitive shooting, and out since the price of reloading components has gotten so high...but I'd have to say, yes you can get quite proficient at "reaching-over", and if a guy was shooting prone only, with a bi-pod for support, leaving that shooting hand on the stock might just be better, and using the off hand for bolt manipulation, might be better-I've done this during a rapid-fire with my knees as support and you'd be amazed how fast & accurate a guy can shoot, but when standing kneeling or sitting un-supported, you just can't beat a bolt rifle that has the bolt on the correct side.

I may again have to settle, but it would be interesting to find a lefty.

Thanks for the Reply! It's been interesting!
wink.gif

Remington makes a few, for us leftys not much is out there for us. You are right Littletoes you do need to be shooting off a rest or a bipod to get a right handed rifle to work. If you are free handing the rifle I will agree a lefty is a lot better. I wish there is more out there for us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merritt79I am a lefty and I own a couple since there isn't a lot of em around. I found that shooting a right handed rifle easier to shoot than a lefty. I can work the bolt with my right hand and and get my 2nd shot off faster than I can with my left handed rifles.

I do the same thing. I've got a few "wrong handed" rifles that I bought new, but realized I can shoot a right handed rifle just as well and they are easier to get a hold of.

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. My friend called cz about a left handed .17 hornet. they told him they will pull a barrel off of left handed rifle and install the .17 hornet barrel. His rifle should be completed soon it's been about 7 months now. As soon as he gets it I'm going to check it out and maybe have cz build one for me.
Hope this can be helpful.

Back