Bobcat opener...not a bad start!

Switch

Since today was the CA bobcat opener, I took the day off to see if I could fill a tag. I headed out to one of my favorite spots and was on stand right at sun up. The wind was blowing, making it tough to call, but I figured I was there, so what the heck.

I got set up and started calling. Not one minute later, I spotted an animal trotting in from my right. He cleared some brush and I could see it was a bobcat. First stand on opening day and only one minute in and I have a cat coming.

As cats do, he switched to stealth mode about fifty yards out and started creeping in low. I'd get glimpses of ears and eyes through the brush. He finally stepped into a gap and I took the shot with the 204 at about forty yards. Cat number one for the season.

Here's a few photos.
IMG_4558_zpsb4e20301.jpg

IMG_4567_zps6bd0dd58.jpg

IMG_4569_zpsfb5c23fe.jpg

That is VERY cool! I lived in north San Diego county years ago and we had lots of bobcats but I never got one. Congrats.

Very nice Switch, gotta love it when a plan comes together. Got me a big ol'Tom the other day as well, called him in in high winds just like you (27-42mph). I'm glad I don't have to wait for a season here.

Chupa

AWESOME! Our season doesn't open for another month, but I've already got a couple of places where I know they are frequenting.

Great way to start the season and the day!

Great job. By the looks of the ground in the pic- you need to try "running water" sound on your next time out. Again, good job!

Pretty cat!
Our season doesn't open until December, and I've got a monster one hanging around my place right now. Probably be gone by the time the season opens.

Back