September HOM Vote

reb8600

Staff member
It is time for the Sept Hunt Of The Month vote
thumbup1.gif
We had a couple great stories last month. Lets keep the stories coming, Things should be picking up with the cooler weather, big game and waterfowl hunts so please write about what you are doing. Take some time and write about your hunt, include pictures and details. It could get you a nice prize each month or a real nice prize at the end of the year. It does not have to be a predator hunt and does not have to be a successful hunt either. After all, it is about the experience and time outdoors.

A special thanks goes out to the sponsors and HOB's for the prizes they donate. If it was not for them, this may not be possible. Be sure to send them a thanks and support them when you need something. They are not required to do this. If you are a sponsor or HOB and would like to help out, contact Reb8600.

First Place

This months winner is going to get a very nice production call from RRCalls(Bearmanric. Rick does an outstanding job on his calls and takes pride in his work. His calls sound amazing. Be sure to visit his website http://www.rrcalls.com/

Also a nice custom call from Larry Scarborough, LDS Custom Calls. It is made of Afzelia Burl and looks outstanding. Larry does a great job on his calls.

There is also a camo NAPA hat that was donated by 220Swift.

Below are the links to the stories. Please take some time to read them. The members put some time and effort into writing them. After you do, place your vote for the one you think is the best. The voting will end on Wednesday Oct 15 at 5:00 pm MST.

I will be out of town until the 26th so I will contact the winner at that time.

1. Wolf Down with my LONGBOW! by jcs271

2. My LABOR (of love) DAY by Infidel

3. An Unforgettable First by SnowmanMo

Voted... Those other stories are on a level of their own! The only way to even come close to the wolf with a longbow would be shooting a world record shark
tongue_smilie.gif
and when youngsters get their first fur, I don't get no better than that...

Both our very deserving... Myself not so much...

So I will go ahead and say it now; congratulations that is one great accomplishment
thumbup.gif

Reb, it looks like I won this one and I certainly appreciate everyones vote. SnowmanMo's story about taking a youth hunter (Anton) out is what we should ALL be doing with great regularity. If we ever expect our hunting traditions to continue it will only be by the efforts of people like him. Soooooooo, As much as I would like to own them, I would very much appreciate it if you would send the camo hat and that BEAUTIFUL Burl call to Anton and tell him it was a gift from all of us at P.M. to recognize his success and as a welcome to the sport of predator hunting. Also tell him we expect to see some pics of that call and a dead predator ASAP!

P.S. I have a new hunter in mind for the RRCall, after I give it a quick spin, (or 2
smile.gif
)

Good hunting to all of you, JCS

Back