Turkey Calls!!!!!!!!!!! ( Wingbones)

KeeKee

I got the first of this years wingbones done! Here is the first three! They are up for grabs for 30.00 each and come with a custom leather lanyard. I also have one set of hen bones left, they will be 50.00 for a three bone yelper. If your interested yell, and I will set them back. this will be the only set of hen bone till fall.

wing2.jpg

wing1.jpg

wing3.jpg

Brent

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Is there nothing you can't do? Those are awesome. My son lives where they have a fall season and hens are legal then. I'm going to encourage him to bag a couple as I already have a tom wingbone call and want the hen wingbone call too. I'm surprised that more hunters don't use the wingbone calls. They sure sound nice.
Yours' are some of the nicest looking wingbone calls I've seen. Especially for the price. Great work!

Hey Kee I'll take one of those three off yer hands if ya still have 'em. That's one type of call I've never tried, you may have to give me lessons on it.

kytimberman,

You can have your pick of any of the three! Just let me know thr one you want and I will set it back! I will be glad to help you out learning to use it. Thanks!

Thanks Weasel! I got enough bones to build around 25 or so of these. I sold out last year, so I tryed to get more bones this year. Thanks for the kind words! Hen bones are hard to cone by! I have a hard time getting them. Wingbones are great calls and really got on presured birds.

Brent

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the difference between tom and hen wingbone calls? Besides the obvious that one is male and the other female. Do they look different? Do they sound different? Can you post a photo of both side by side?

I must say that those are the best looking wingbone calls that I have ever seen. Is that thread wrapped at the joints and then sealed with epoxy?

GrouseSetter

Hen Wingbone are a little smaller than a Jake or Tom bone. and they have a little higher pitched sound to them. use a Jake wingbone myself and a hen also. It gives me two diffrent sounds.

The joints are braided serving Very easy to break like thread. I order it in diffrent colors, then I use a clear over coat to seal them after they are wrapped. Like they use on hand made rods. It gets hard like plastic. Then I clear coat over the hole call and wax and polish them.

I will have a few hen bone calls done by the first of the week I will take a pic and post them side by side for you before I ship them out.

Thanks for the kind words on the calls!

Brent

I've never used a wing bone call before, but those awesome looking calls make me want to learn how. You've got some mucho talent in makin' calls, that's for sure!!

I still have an old corncob smokepipe in my turkey gear. It is my first yelper and it doubles as a striker on slate calls. Tain't nowhere as purty as the wingbones though.

I don't know where you guys get the patience to do those things! absolutely beautiful! I still have 3 set of wings for you! I'll get them sent out one of these days!

KeeKee, I willtake the hen bones. need two of them, can you put a name and date on it for me. I really want one by fathers day for my dad.

Back